Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Canucks Draft Matthew Beattie 207th Overall

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#31 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

I just noticed that Higgins is a Yale grad as well. Wonder if Higgins is one of the guys the Yale coaches use as and example of success.

#32 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'd have taken Dane Fox... don't know why no one did. The kid's quality.

I also wish we had a 3rd round pick so we could've taken Athanasiou. One of the fastest, fittest skaters in the draft and has sick hands? Steal of a 4th rounder.
The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#33 Enthused12

Enthused12

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Born in 92 and still playing high school hockey? FFS

#34 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

I also wish we had a 3rd round pick so we could've taken Athanasiou. One of the fastest, fittest skaters in the draft and has sick hands? Steal of a 4th rounder.

Anything else you want to complain about
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#35 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjhXLnZce9U&feature=player_embedded

maybe it's against weaker competition but he looked like an aggressive Ilya Kovalchuk (in terms of physical build and determination to drive the net)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#36 Droj

Droj

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

One analyst called him the "forward version of Mcnally for the Canucks." He has the upside, and potential to be something special. He is still a long ways away, and I think the first year in university will be a strong wake-up call for him.

#37 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Fox sisnt get drafted probably because of his off ice entics. Eell at least NYR invited him to camp.

#38 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

How in the world, does someone get 74 points in 28 games?

well its high school hockey and I played against Prab Rai he go 10 points on us in one game. Make whatever you want out of it

#39 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

How in the world, does someone get 74 points in 28 games?

That's only 3 points per game.

Edited by Dogbyte, 23 June 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#40 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,197 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

I feel like Gillis is just drafting a bunch of big guys and hoping one works. :P

Not necessarily a bad thing.

LA2OdZi.png

Victory Hockey League - http://www.vhlforum.com/

#41 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

I hope he can be a sleeper. We'll see, good luck Beattle
Posted Image

#42 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,309 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

I'm surprised MG is the only one who's noticed the trend of big forwards having success in the playoffs.

Just look at the Devils' top-6, the Kings and the Bruins. This is how you win in todays NHL, I just hope the league doesn't change by the time guys like Beattie are ready to make the step up to the big league or we'll look like idiots with all these big forwards
Posted Image

#43 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hard to tell if he's dominating due to his size or the fact he's older than the competition. It'll be interesting to see how he does this fall.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#44 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

Canucks can afford to keep making a safe pick with first round and swinging for the fences in other rounds, bc our team is contending right now. Not sure how long this strategy can last though. Jensen and Rodin hopefully make the jump in a couple of years as they are the most skilled guys we have in the system..

#45 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

First non Canadian, still a big guy at 6'3" can play centre or right wing and will be playing at Yale next year

Stats http://www.elitepros...p?player=177685

No Gradin pick :shock:

Finally Gradin picks are left on the side. No more team Svedenskaja.

Posted Image

#46 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Canucks can afford to keep making a safe pick with first round and swinging for the fences in other rounds, bc our team is contending right now. Not sure how long this strategy can last though. Jensen and Rodin hopefully make the jump in a couple of years as they are the most skilled guys we have in the system..

Exactly.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#47 filthycanuck

filthycanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

I did some research on this guy..apparently Chris Kreider went to the same school.. and if you compared stats, Beattie blows aways Kreiders numbers by a mile. Whether that translates to the big leagues who knows , but MG and the scouts might have something here

#48 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

he was drafted from the same league as McNally, and will be playing against him this year. he was only 1 year past his draft eligibility (seeing as he has a december 92 birthday) and could be the steal of the draft. The reason he was passed over in his first draft eligibility was because he was playing in the MJHL, a relatively unheard of league, and he is the first player from his team and only 4th player in league history that has been drafted into the nhl (the others are Nick Foligno, Chris Higgins, and Michael Komisarek)http://www.atlantich...ent=mjhl_alumni

#49 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

How did you grad high school? 74 / 28 does not equal 3........it's less than that.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.