129 replies to this topic

#91 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Myron picked up an assist and fired 2 shots on goal today in a 3-2 OT win for Kalamazoo over the Elmira Jackals. He finished with a +1 rating.

#92 people please

people please

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Is this guy playing for Utica in a top 9 role or is he a bust?
Posted ImageCredit to the Vintage Canuck

#93 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

Is this guy playing for Utica in a top 9 role or is he a bust?

Is there an option C? He was a sixth round pick who was drafted last year. Lower your expectations. I expect he'll be in the ECHL to start the season but if he plays well enough he can always be called up
The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#94 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,210 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

Is there an option C? He was a sixth round pick who was drafted last year. Lower your expectations. I expect he'll be in the ECHL to start the season but if he plays well enough he can always be called up

lol our sixth round pick didn't make the nhl one year after being drafted... bust

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#95 people please

people please

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

lol our sixth round pick didn't make the nhl one year after being drafted... bust

Never said the nhl, please read before you judge.
Posted ImageCredit to the Vintage Canuck

#96 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

He was just pointing out that you are using the word "bust" in a poor way. Myron was drafted with the thought that we could follow him through several years of NCAA hockey. He dropped out of school and went pro during his freshman year. Even management didn't expect him to make a serious impact for another two years at least. AHL this year or "bust" is kind of unrealistic. He's a late bloomer that needs to continue to develop. Also, 6th rounders can't really be considered busts ever because they rarely make the NHL.
The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#97 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Another strong outing for Myron at the Prospects Tourny. He has some good skill, saw him receive some passes in the neutral zone and move easily around some checks. Likes to hit too, Could be a pretty decent player on the Comets for the next couple years, and then maybe make it bottom 6 down the road.

Lot's of work to do still of course, but again surprised at the level of his development thus far.
linden Vey Sig

#98 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

WHAT A GREAT PICK!!! SHOULD HAVE TAKEN HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND!! HES THE NEXT CROSBY. MAKING THE TEAM THIS YEAR!!

chill

#99 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

The irony in this is how you are judging yet telling someone else not to judge. If you're going to use the term "bust", expect to get flak.

Let's take Burrows as an example. He started in the ECHL and had to work himself up to the Moose and finally to the NHL. Since he wasn't "top 9" on the Moose right away I guess Burrows is a bust then in your eyes too huh. :rolleyes:

Edited by The Lock, 09 September 2013 - 02:20 PM.

This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#100 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

i think myron showed he progressed since last season. i was very worried he might have derailed his progression by dropping out of college, but i don't the door is closed for him just yet.

#101 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

You can see why the Canucks took Myron, he's a guy who has upside who just needs time to play and envelop. he's progressed well in the last year alone, it's too bad he left college so suddenly to play more consistently. Could force the Canucks to sign him or let him walk sooner then they projected having to make that decision. Hope he continues to develop well and maybe force an AHL contract

#102 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

You can see why the Canucks took Myron, he's a guy who has upside who just needs time to play and envelop. he's progressed well in the last year alone, it's too bad he left college so suddenly to play more consistently. Could force the Canucks to sign him or let him walk sooner then they projected having to make that decision. Hope he continues to develop well and maybe force an AHL contract

after the last few years, i'm of the opinion it's not an entirely bad thing for guys to have some time in the ECHL. we have several guys who appear to have benefitted from that time. examples being mallet, guimond, grenier, and archibald. we've had other guys go down as well but to me, those guys improved on things and came back to the AHL better players. i guess we'll see if thats the case for guimond, but he looks to be an AHLer this year.

#103 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

after the last few years, i'm of the opinion it's not an entirely bad thing for guys to have some time in the ECHL. we have several guys who appear to have benefitted from that time. examples being mallet, guimond, grenier, and archibald. we've had other guys go down as well but to me, those guys improved on things and came back to the AHL better players. i guess we'll see if thats the case for guimond, but he looks to be an AHLer this year.

Yeah, I've never really pictured the ECHL as a place to hide prospects. It's really far from it. It's more to help out the prospects that aren't doing well as other prospects. Without the ECHL, those prospects would have a lot harder time developing and rebounding.
This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#104 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Posted Image

Seriously though, he's not playing anywhere

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#105 Devoted

Devoted

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yeah great question, where is this guy?
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#106 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,925 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

What was his reason for leaving Boston University last year?

25gxmpw.png

#107 Devoted

Devoted

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

What was his reason for leaving Boston University last year?

After sustaining an injury in his last year of Jr A, and then not getting sufficient ice time as a 20 year old freshman.. He decided the move to turn pro would be beneficial for his development.
Posted Image

#108 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

In Myron's first game with the Kwings he had 2 Assists finished +2 and had 6 shots in a 5-4 Kwings win.

Both were first assists and the second was on the GWG.

Not a bad start coming off a long long injury.

Ignited by a couple of new members, the K-Wings took control of the game in the second period. Wesley Myron was able to wrap around the Walleye net, finding Mitchell Good (1st) in front of the goal, for the equalizing mark.

Kalamazoo’s scoring frenzy stayed alive in the final period as Myron found Brandon Martell (3rd) at the blue line for a slap-shot strike. Myron’s play earned him two assists in his first performance in his K-Wing season debut.

Edited by Derp..., 08 February 2014 - 10:21 PM.

linden Vey Sig

#109 Devoted

Devoted

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

Glad to hear he's back playing.
Posted Image

#110 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

the video quality's sketchy, but Myron had a fight in his second game back yesterday. Decent scrap:

abl8vt.jpg

#111 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

the video quality's sketchy, but Myron had a fight in his second game back yesterday. Decent scrap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwej26UXV24

does anyone know if this is something he likes to do? i'm excited his development is up and running again. it'll be cool to finally find out what kind of player he is.

#112 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwej26UXV24

seems like he's got some swagger. From his moves, not the best or experienced fighter, but didn't chicken out and keep on swinging and trying to get the other dude.

Haven't seen any videos of him other than this one, at least I like his fire i guess.

#113 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

I think this may a case of a player trying to make himself noticed.....I'm betting there were scouts in the stands B) good for him trying to restart his career

#114 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

From the "I found Myron in Kalamazoo!" thread:

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato
In two games since joining the @KalamazooWings, #Canucks prospect Wes Myron has two assists, seven shots and a fight.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#115 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,593 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

it's a decent start to his pro career. glad to see he's back

#116 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

Myron's regular season is over, a confusing and disappointing one at that. Had two assists in 11 games with the K-Wings and missed most of the year due to injuries... I'd be surprised if the Canucks offered him a contract. He'll have the playoffs to make a last-ditch impression I guess - not sure how his status works since he left college before he'd finished his degree. Anybody know when we lose his rights?

abl8vt.jpg

#117 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,992 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Not sure on his rights, and I liked his play at the young stars tourney but he just hasn't shown enough. I could see an AHL contract perhaps for another year but unless he really makes a jump he doesn't really project at the NHL level.

#118 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Not sure on his rights, and I liked his play at the young stars tourney but he just hasn't shown enough. I could see an AHL contract perhaps for another year but unless he really makes a jump he doesn't really project at the NHL level.

As we speak the Vcr 50 man roster is FULL

#119 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,925 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

elvis was talking about an AHL contract meaning Utica would sign him to a Amateur Pro Tryout contract or sign him to Utica Property.  No where did he mention about the Canucks signing him.

25gxmpw.png

#120 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,992 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

As we speak the Vancouver season is over and we have expiring contracts. As a quick guesstimate, we have 45-46 contracts for next year (including non-roster players we're going to re-sign or prospects on ELCs who'll play pro next year). It may be a little more or even a little less but we certainly aren't at 50 for next year.

We could sign him for next season and it wouldn't be an issue, but as I said it's not that likely we sign him on an NHL deal until he proves he's worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.