The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's face it. The Canucks don't have the assets or the management to make a bold move.

miles.p

@NHLSourcesSay: Oilers and Canucks talking trade, the main component of the deal is Gagner for Luongo, watch this one closely in the next few days.

Eat your heart out CDC.

I hope this is a joke of a rumor to get Canuck fans worried.

Guest Dasein

"Know this from the Panthers: They’ve decided this weekend they’re going to see this Luongo thing through. They’re going to focus on it seriously. " Lebrun

Panthers wanted time to get the draft done and reassess - the Canucks didn't want picks - they want prospects or roster players who can help them now or very soon... so the draft wasn't any form of deadline - this next week is more likely.

I just said that it helped that we played in a poor division, I didn't say that is the undisputed reason why we won the PT

When I say clearly I mean that this team does not seem to have enough drive to win in the playoffs. Everyone said a few months ago when the Canucks were coasting, Oh they'll flip the switch in the playoffs and find their next gear. Well as we all noticed, they did not find the next gear, hence they are not geared for the playoffs.

Other teams have realized that the way to beat this team is to get a little rough with our players and we dont match up well that way, in the playoffs anyway, ie:Boston, LA.

And no. I did not become a fan after the riot, it was the 1989 playoffs vs Calgary.

@NHLSourcesSay: Oilers and Canucks talking trade, the main component of the deal is Gagner for Luongo, watch this one closely in the next few days.

Eat your heart out CDC.

I hope this is a joke of a rumor to get Canuck fans worried.

I hate people who use the President's Trophy as justification that this is a good team. All it means is that we have a great regular season team and I could care less about that. That President's Trophy didn't seem to help us get past the LA Kings...

Another great regular season team most years is the Sharks. How far do they normally go in the playoffs again?

A strange realization seems to have come across the thought process of Mike Gillis. Big athletic players who win match ups contribute to a winning team as much or more than just talent.

All our draft picks this year, and the Kassian trade, reflect this. Now Mike just has to dd to the realization that this has to reflect in our big league roster, not jut our prospect pool before the Sedin's get too old...

<_<

(Summary, GM MG appears to be putting us on a path now to long term competitiveness. Add a few of those players at the NHL level, and we may win a cup in between B) !)

Right now the whole league knows that Canucks need to trade loungo otherwise Schneider walks. But the problem is loungos horrid contract. He's no longer elite, if he was we wouldn't trade him.

Look at penguins, they just got rid of Stall.

Again, the fans will have to watch mediocrity for next season.

Archived