The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's face it. The Canucks don't have the assets or the management to make a bold move.

miles.p

I don't know why people think making a trade will automatically make the team better. You have to give up good players to get good players. Anyone consider that maybe Gillis just hasn't got a good enough offer yet? You have to wait for the right offer which fills your needs and improves your team. Other GM's are also trying to improve their teams, so you have to be patient and out-think them. It's not just a matter of shipping off your spare parts (Ballard, Raymond +1st) for an impact player.

Here's a great example of how uninformative Canucks fans are.

Schneider is RESTRICTED free agent. That means if a team offers him up Canucks would have to match it or let him go.

Canucks are on the clock. TICK-TOCK

Guest Dasein

Right now the whole league knows that Canucks need to trade loungo otherwise Schneider walks. But the problem is loungos horrid contract. He's no longer elite, if he was we wouldn't trade him.

Look at penguins, they just got rid of Stall.

Again, the fans will have to watch mediocrity for next season.

Guest Dasein

For me personally, President's Trophies are mediocre, I don't know about you guys but I would much rather be a low seed in the regular season and have a deep playoff run, than a high seed and short playoff run.

What is the point of making a bold move if the team is already a powerhouse?

Seriously, people here on CDC gotta learn to think twice before making these kinds of pointless threads, tell me if I am wrong, but this is just another useless thread that really gives no help to anyone, I will make it clear:

WE ARE A POWERHOUSE! THERE IS NO NEED TO MAKE A BOLD MOVE.

Canucks have made bold moves... Hodgson trade, Booth trade, Ehrhoff trade (trade for), Ballard trade, Hamhuis signing... the list goes on.

This management group is one of the best ever. Am I the only one that remembers Nonis' last season wherein the July 1st pick up was Brad Isbister and the deadline deal was for Matt Pettinger... I'm not convinced either of these players would have made the current Wolves roster.

Gillis is a hustler, show some respect.

yeah, people are so short-sighted... the bold moves were already made in putting the team together as is...

trades at deadline:

Higgins, Lapierre

to add solid complementary pieces going forward

Kassian/ M.A.G., Booth, Ballard

free agent frenzy signings

Manny and Hammer

that's 40% of the team's roster right there that was acquired only recently in moves by management... what were you saying OP?

you can't expect every deal to go your way, but with their history of making moves it's unjustifiable and shows lack of thought put into your idea to say that M.G. won't make moves... he's build around the successful core. If you can't understand that then complain all you want but you'll never be satisfied. Go cheer for a team that had a healthy head start like the Penguins/ Hawks. :picard:

Here is an example of uninformative you are. Gills straight up already said if anyone offer sheets Schnieder they will match no matter what. So we then trade a goalie who are both under contract which might generate better deals for Schnieder who is under a contract, which gives the other team security if they want to deal for him.

I hate this constant Gillis talk about having all summer to trade Lou. Everyday he isn't traded is more time for the other teams to fill their needs through other avenues. The ideal situation is trading Lou pre july 1st so that we know exactly what our cap situation will be like. Prime example was yesterday, Stall doesn't want to resign in Pitty....Boom next day traded. Gillis is just dragging this out and could eventually run out of time or buyers. This isn't a 25 year old Loungo that will fetch you great returns, the most important thing is we get out of the discusting contract so we can lock up schnieder and sign some pieces and have room to re up edler and burrows and consider weber the following year.

OP is a troll and a retard, simple. also Lus contract isn't bad like u people always say, stop believing everything the media spoon feeds you. The NHL stopped these contracts cuz it gave an unfair advantage to teams that could afford it and the worse part of his contract is over. Thus any decent financial team doesnt even consider the contract as a problem. Also once he starts making less money than his 5.3mill anual salary teams like Tamp, Florida, Phoenix, Nashville... will be drooling all over his contract(especially since his NTC is no longer in effect then). So you people need to CALM the &^%# down and just wait it out as see what happens. Personally i'm waiting to see how Jensen and Brenden do in prospects camp.

Archived