The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's face it. The Canucks don't have the assets or the management to make a bold move.

miles.p

Right now the whole league knows that Canucks need to trade loungo otherwise Schneider walks. But the problem is loungos horrid contract. He's no longer elite, if he was we wouldn't trade him.

Look at penguins, they just got rid of Stall.

Again, the fans will have to watch mediocrity for next season.

Right now the whole league knows that Canucks need to trade loungo otherwise Schneider walks. But the problem is loungos horrid contract. He's no longer elite, if he was we wouldn't trade him.

Look at penguins, they just got rid of Stall. .

I hate people who use the President's Trophy as justification that this is a good team. All it means is that we have a great regular season team and I could care less about that. That President's Trophy didn't seem to help us get past the LA Kings...

Another great regular season team most years is the Sharks. How far do they normally go in the playoffs again?

I'm not sure I'm accurate but from my understanding a team could force Gillis to match a high price offer, and cap hit, for Schneider. Say....$15 million 3 year contract. If that happened teams would know that Gillis is even MORE desperate to trade Luongo because he wouldn't like the $10.5 million cap hit for the goaltending position.

Teams have Gillis by the gonads no matter what. Should have traded Lu, our second best goalie at that time, at the trade deadline, gotten a veteran power forward or impact D going into the playoffs, kept Cody for scoring for the post season and used him for trade bait right now. No danger of having to match a high end offer for Schneids either.

You know what? Dave Nonis performed highway robbery to get Luongo here in the first place. I would say Luongo is one of the top 10 Canucks to have the most positive impact on our team over the past 30 years. And in case of TML, I believe he could single handedly turn that team around, so if you were MG why would you just give that asset away to a competitor? He is worth alot to our team and any new team he plays for.

If Luongo does get traded, I personally hope Gillis makes a great deal with any team besides the Leafs, because I think Burke needs a reality check!

Archived