Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Vancouver & Toronto (Luongo trade)

Proposal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Frigid

Frigid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Since Schenn has been trade and he was rumoured to be trade bait in a potential Luongo deal, perhaps JVR was not intended to be kept on the Leafs roster and will be flipped?

To Toronto:

Roberto Luongo
Mason Raymond
Keith Ballard
3rd round pick 2013

To Vancouver:

James Van Riemsdyk
Cody Franson
Matthew Lombardi

JVR's contract is quite substanial (4.25 mil$ over the next 6 years) so a trade in terms of salary, the trade off it fairly even. We take Lombardi to even out salary and get a centreman to help out our roster while Kesler is out. Franson is an RFA and can be exchanged for Raymond who is also an RFA and Raymond with still fill Toronto's loss of a winger (JVR). Ballard can help round out Toronto's defensive depth since Schenn is gone. Since Toronto is still taking on about an extra $2 mil, the draft pick is added to compensate for that since they don't really have any other players to shed.

Thoughts?

Edited by Frigid, 23 June 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#2 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,161 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Haha it wont happen but I would do it in a heartbeat.

zackass.png

#3 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

just makes no sense.......but franson is a good subsitute for schenn
Posted Image

#4 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Maybe the Oilers didn't plan to keep Yakupov. They will trade him to us for Luongo.

OMG be realistic, Burke wanted size, skills and a top 6 forward. Thats exactly what he got with JVR

#5 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Maybe the Oilers didn't plan to keep Yakupov. They will trade him to us for Luongo.

OMG be realistic, Burke wanted size, skills and a top 6 forward. Thats exactly what he got with JVR

This!!!
Posted Image

#6 Mandango

Mandango

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

This won't work out at all. It's a very unfair trade for Toronto. We're giving them nothing while we reap the benefits of the trade. If it's ever going to work, each side should have a fair compensation for players lost in the trade. Try this one.

To Leafs:
Luongo
Raymond
2nd round pick [2013]

To Canucks:
Cody Franson
4th round pick [2013]

Edit: We may be overpaying just a little bit but it could ensure that Toronto is happy with the results.

Edited by Mandango, 23 June 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#7 Burrows91

Burrows91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

This won't work out at all. It's a very unfair trade for Toronto. We're giving them nothing while we reap the benefits of the trade.
If it's ever going to work, each side should have a fair compensation for players lost in the trade. Try this one.

To Leafs:
Luongo
Raymond
2nd round pick [2013]

To Canucks:
Cody Franson
4th round pick [2013]

Posted Image

Credit: -Vintage Canuck-

#8 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

This won't work out at all. It's a very unfair trade for Toronto. We're giving them nothing while we reap the benefits of the trade.
If it's ever going to work, each side should have a fair compensation for players lost in the trade. Try this one.

To Leafs:
Luongo
Raymond
2nd round pick [2013]

To Canucks:
Cody Franson
4th round pick [2013]

While I agree TO gets ripped off in this scenario, your comment of then getting nothing needs to be a little less broad, by picking up Luo they would get pretty close to a guaranteed definite berth in the SC playoffs which in and of itself is something

#9 Mandango

Mandango

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Instead of just trying to up your post count, try giving some real criticism. Useless and unnecessary comments have no place on CDC, let alone any forum.

While I agree TO gets ripped off in this scenario, your comment of then getting nothing needs to be a little less broad, by picking up Luo they would get pretty close to a guaranteed definite berth in the SC playoffs which in and of itself is something

Completely agree with you. The main thing is that Toronto is getting ripped off in this trade and that's what I'm trying to say.

Edited by Mandango, 23 June 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#10 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

To Leafs:
Luongo
Raymond
2nd round pick [2013]

To Canucks:
Cody Franson
4th round pick [2013]

I Could see rights to Raymond maybe being worth a 4th in 2013 but Loungo and a 2nd 2013 is worth much more than just Franson.

#11 Mandango

Mandango

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

I Could see rights to Raymond maybe being worth a 4th in 2013 but Loungo and a 2nd 2013 is worth much more than just Franson.

Completely agree. I was actually looking for a deal that might favor Toronto just a little bit so that we can ensure that trade goes through. I would want to shop Luongo as quickly as possible to sign Schneider.

#12 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Completely agree. I was actually looking for a deal that might favor Toronto just a little bit so that we can ensure that trade goes through. I would want to shop Luongo as quickly as possible to sign Schneider.

I actually feel that Gillis should sign Schneider first and then deal Loungo and have been wondering if that might be one of the reasons the Loungo deal has not happened yet. It would suck if Loungo gets moved and Schneider can only be signed to a 1 year deal.

#13 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

This won't work out at all. It's a very unfair trade for Toronto. We're giving them nothing while we reap the benefits of the trade. If it's ever going to work, each side should have a fair compensation for players lost in the trade. Try this one.

To Leafs:
Luongo
Raymond
2nd round pick [2013]

To Canucks:
Cody Franson
4th round pick [2013]

Edit: We may be overpaying just a little bit but it could ensure that Toronto is happy with the results.

I don't care if Toronto is happy or not, as long as the Canucks are happy, and with that deal the Canucks are sad.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Mandango

Mandango

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

I actually feel that Gillis should sign Schneider first and then deal Loungo and have been wondering if that might be one of the reasons the Loungo deal has not happened yet. It would suck if Loungo gets moved and Schneider can only be signed to a 1 year deal.

I read somewhere that Schneider hasn't signed because he's waiting for Luongo to be moved first. He wants to be sure that he will get the starting position so at this point, it's all on Gillis to make the first move.

I don't care if Toronto is happy or not, as long as the Canucks are happy, and with that deal the Canucks are sad.

The Canucks get rid of a huge contract in Luongo, allowing room for Schneider, and package in a top 6 forward to compensate for the Leaf's need of offense. In return we receive a strong physical on-ice presence, 6'5 213lbs hometown (he's from BC) and potential 30 point defenseman. What more could we want to be paired with Edler? This is an excellent deal, far better than the Schenn one.

#15 My Account

My Account

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

A superstar top 10 goalie for a defender scratched 25 times last season, you know what the Canucks should add in a second I'm sorry sir but you are a silly goose
Posted Image

Thanks avelanch for the sick signature

#16 My Account

My Account

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

A superstar top 10 goalie for a defender scratched 25 times last season, you know what the Canucks should add in a second I'm sorry sir but you are a silly goose
Posted Image

Thanks avelanch for the sick signature

#17 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

The Canucks get rid of a huge contract in Luongo, allowing room for Schneider, and package in a top 6 forward to compensate for the Leaf's need of offense. In return we receive a strong physical on-ice presence, 6'5 213lbs hometown (he's from BC) and potential 30 point defenseman. What more could we want to be paired with Edler? This is an excellent deal, far better than the Schenn one.

The thing is that it doesn't matter if were getting rid of his contract because we want to make a hockey trade. That trade is completely under valuing Luongo.

Also why are we giving them a higher pick and getting a lower pick in return, that part makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 23 June 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,161 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

To Leafs:
Luongo
Raymond
2nd round pick [2013]

To Canucks:
Cody Franson
4th round pick [2013]

Just a little?

You mean alot

Luongo > Franson
2nd > 4th
Raymond > Nothing

Toronto wins in every aspect of the deal.

If MG turned down Schenn for Luongo then he definetly wont do this.

zackass.png

#19 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

I love all the JVR proposals after Leafs get him. Why the hell would Burke give him up?

Edited by Karlsson`s Flo, 24 June 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#20 TheInsideScoop

TheInsideScoop

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

At this point, it is going to be Franson and Komisarek for Luongo.

#21 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

I guess I'd do it?
Too bad it makes no sense from Torontos POV.
Posted Image

#22 Colinisacanuck

Colinisacanuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

since Canucks just signed Jason Garrison, and the Leafs signing McClement, i think any deal with Luongo involving the Leafs would include a third line C going Vancouver's way because the Leafs now have to many Centermen. I think Bozak would be a very good C for our third line, guy is a good defensive player and he can put up points. If we dont get a C from Toronto, i cant see us getting anything else that we need unless we put our own roster player in the deal.

I remember brian burke saying the Leafs are comfortable with Reimer...but i now think that he was trying to lure MG into lowering his standards for Loui. Because today he said one of his top 3 needs are a goalie. With Darren Dreger tweeting the devils have offered Brodeur a two year contract, i bet Brodeur will be off the market...therefore the trade market will now go up for Loui.

#23 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

i cant see the leafs flipping van riemsdyk at all.

#24 Renelsisc

Renelsisc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

to TOR:
Luongo
Raymond
Sauve

to VAN:
Gardiner
1st 2013

HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES SCHULTZ! hahah.

#25 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Kulemin + Kadri + Ashton

For

Luongo + Schroeder + 2nd

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.