The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Canucks Shopped Gragnani, also News on Nash, Schneider, Parise, Luongo + tons more.

Sounds like Butke is considering going with Reimer as the asking price is too high. It's hard to move big assets ( just like Nash). Maybe the two teams will just deal between themselves. We just need a great player to fall out of favorites and a deal can be done. It's hard to trade a superstar to a team without a superstar coming back.

Sounds like Butke is considering going with Reimer as the asking price is too high. It's hard to move big assets ( just like Nash). Maybe the two teams will just deal between themselves. We just need a great player to fall out of favorites and a deal can be done. It's hard to trade a superstar to a team without a superstar coming back.

I would expect Gillis to be busy July 1st. Even with Raymond and Schneider signed he should have around 10 million to spend.

And if he plans on trading Luongo and possibly upgrading Raymond in the top 6, he could have upwards of 16 million to play with.

That's enough space to add at least two top 6 defencemen, and get a top 6 forward.

I would expect Gillis to be busy July 1st. Even with Raymond and Schneider signed he should have around 10 million to spend.

And if he plans on trading Luongo and possibly upgrading Raymond in the top 6, he could have upwards of 16 million to play with.

That's enough space to add at least two top 6 defencemen, and get a top 6 forward.

Hopefully the Gragnani part isn't true. If they shop him after only 14 games played in Van, I would send a huge facepalm to the Canucks scouts.

AV, a few days after the Hodgson trade: "My scouts told me Kassian is a top 6 winger now".

Gillis, after the Hodgson trade: "We've been targeting Gragnani since last year".

Archived