The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who else is grateful Schenn is off the market

Red Light Racicot

With their first-rounder and Schenn out of the picture, I don't think the Leafs have the assets to trade for Luongo anymore. They can't deal Reilly or Gardiner. It's pretty much down to Komisarek/Kulemin and I don't think Gillis would be desperate enough to do that.

TO is not the only team that we could trade Luongo to. Florida is still an option as well as any other team out there that sees Luongo as an improvement over what they have right now.

I don't think TO is willing to part with the players that would get them Luongo so look elsewhere. It sure is better than letting Burke dictate the deal on his terms.

TO is not the only team that we could trade Luongo to. Florida is still an option as well as any other team out there that sees Luongo as an improvement over what they have right now.

I don't think TO is willing to part with the players that would get them Luongo so look elsewhere. It sure is better than letting Burke dictate the deal on his terms.

Schenn was a great return piece as a part of a package, so no, I'm not grateful.

The only defenseman that interests me now out of TOR and FLA is FLA's Erik Gudbranson - though he would have been my #1 target all along ... It's just Schenn would have been easier to pry out of the team ...

And you are obviously not that bright. Had Schenn been still available, that makes TOR look more stronger as a trade partner - forcing other teams that have interest to step up their offers.

Now that TOR - a major competitor for Luongo - doesn't have Schenn, their offer gets weaker (maybe Franson), hence other teams may feel they don't need to strengthen their offer.

Toronto needs a centre more than a LW. They already have Lupul, MacArthur, Frattin, and Kulemin on the LW.

Unless they're trading Kulemin here(not enough).

I think they should've went for Ribeiro 110%, Burke really screwed up there.

Or Schenn for Gagner.

Kinda interesting how the two largest trades over the past two days involve teams reuniting brothers. Staal's and Schenn's.

Neither sets are twins, but what team wouldn't want a brother combo after seeing how well our mavericks function together on the same team!

Here's a list of Toronto Maple Leafs Laughs roster players and prospects that I've compiled that IMO the Canucks should have some interest in.

I know the rumor circulating the internet about Gillis not wanting any defenseman, but Gardiner or Franson would improve our back end immediately. I know Gardiner is highly unlikely, but I'd be quite happy with aquiting Cody Franson in a package deal. We could really use an upgrade or two on the back end bottom 4 pairings to improve our depth on defense.

James van Riemsdyk is an obvious no brainer.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Roster Players (players with an * indicate the ones that I have the highest interest in)

*James van Riemsdyk LW - 6'3 200lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round (2nd) 2007PHI

*Jake Gardiner D - 6'0 184lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round (17th) 2008 ANA

*Cody Franson D - 6'5 213lbs - shoots right - drafted 3rd round (79th) 2005 NAS

Clarke MacArthur LW - 6'0 191lbs - shoots left - drafted 3rd (74th) 2003 BUF

Carl Gunnarsson D - 6'2 196lba - shoots left - drafted 7th round (194th) 2007 TOR

Tyler Bozak C - 6'1 195lbs - shoots right - undrafted

David Steckel C - 6'5 215lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round (30th) 2001 LA

Colby Armstrong RW - 6'2 195lbs - shoots right - drafted 1st (21st) 2001 PIT

Toronto also as some pretty intriguing prospects as well.

Prospects

*Tyler Biggs RW - 6'2 205lbs - shoots right - drafted 1st round (22nd) 2011TOR

*Brad Ross LW - 6'1 183lbs - shoots left - drafted 2nd round (43rd) 2010 TOR

*Joe Colborne C - 6'5 213lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round(16th) 2008 BOS

Matt Frattin RW - 6'0 200lbs - shoots right - drafted 4th round (99th) 2007 TOR

*Stuart Percy D - 6'1 187lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round (25th) 2011 TOR

Jesse Blacker D - 6'1 190lbs - shoots right - drafted 2nd round (58th) 2009 TOR

Greg McKegg C - 6'0 191lbs - shoots left - drafted 3rd round (62nd) 2010 TOR

Korbinian Holzer D - 6'3 205lbs - shoots right - drafted 4th round (111) 2006 TOR

Sam Carrick C - 6'0 188lbs - shoots right - drafted 5th round (144th) 2010 TOR

Greg Scott RW - 6'0 193lbs - shoots right - undrafted/UFA signing by TOR

Jamie Devane LW - 6'5 217lbs - shoots left - drafted 3rd round (68th) 2009 TOR

The following list are the players that I have absolutely NO interest in and DO NOT want to see aquired by the Canucks in exchange for Lou.

NO Komisarek

NO Phanuef

NO Kessel

NO Lupul

NO Connolly

NO Grabovski

NO Kadri

NO Kulemin

NO Lombardi

NO J.M Liles

and any other player that I've left off this list would also be a NO (and I know I've a left off a few including the goalies)

I agree. After bring in Toronto Schenn is in all likelihood mentally damaged goods. Not so much because of media and fan pressure but because of the Brian Burke does things. For as good a GM as Burke is supposed to be his time in Toronto has seemingly lack direction. This trickles down to your players quickly. Burke pumped Schenn into something he's not. Burke has been living on what Schenn could be and never let this kid develop into what he could really be. Toronto didn't take the time to develop this kid. It will take time to undo what is done before the Flyers can bring this kid into true fruition. The Flyers are smart enough to know their gamble. The Canucks wisely stayed away from the gamble at the price of Luongo.

None of this is Schenn's fault and going to a team with his brother his turn around will most likely be faster than if he went somewhere else. He's lucky to get away from Burke and the clown show he's running in Toronto.

Canucks fans are over valuing the trade value of Lu..... are you forgetting that he is passed his prime and is under a huge cap which limits him to a niche number of teams.

I actually would of been happy for Schenn for Lu straight up.

I rather have youth.

Archived