Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Who else is grateful Schenn is off the market

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#61 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

With their first-rounder and Schenn out of the picture, I don't think the Leafs have the assets to trade for Luongo anymore. They can't deal Reilly or Gardiner. It's pretty much down to Komisarek/Kulemin and I don't think Gillis would be desperate enough to do that.

If the leafs are out of it Luongos value drops and with Schenn traded they just moved there most value asset they might be willing to deal
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#62 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

TO is not the only team that we could trade Luongo to. Florida is still an option as well as any other team out there that sees Luongo as an improvement over what they have right now.
I don't think TO is willing to part with the players that would get them Luongo so look elsewhere. It sure is better than letting Burke dictate the deal on his terms.

#63 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

TO is not the only team that we could trade Luongo to. Florida is still an option as well as any other team out there that sees Luongo as an improvement over what they have right now.
I don't think TO is willing to part with the players that would get them Luongo so look elsewhere. It sure is better than letting Burke dictate the deal on his terms.

The only thing that will determine Luongos value is how many teams are seriously interested and if the one team that is for shure to be serious about trying to make a deal is out of it then it dont make things good for us
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#64 Mack Attack

Mack Attack

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

Schenn was a great return piece as a part of a package, so no, I'm not grateful.

The only defenseman that interests me now out of TOR and FLA is FLA's Erik Gudbranson - though he would have been my #1 target all along ... It's just Schenn would have been easier to pry out of the team ...

And you are obviously not that bright. Had Schenn been still available, that makes TOR look more stronger as a trade partner - forcing other teams that have interest to step up their offers.

Now that TOR - a major competitor for Luongo - doesn't have Schenn, their offer gets weaker (maybe Franson), hence other teams may feel they don't need to strengthen their offer.

Well Gillis already turned down Schenn for Luongo, so he doesn't agree with you. I'm glad.

#65 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

I honestly can't tell if people are joking or serious when they make these ridiculous proposals.

They JUST acquired JVR, I don't see him being traded in at least another 5 years unless things go sour.

Quincy was traded 5 mins after being acquired by tb

#66 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

Toronto needs a centre more than a LW. They already have Lupul, MacArthur, Frattin, and Kulemin on the LW.

Unless they're trading Kulemin here(not enough).

I think they should've went for Ribeiro 110%, Burke really screwed up there.
Or Schenn for Gagner.

Kulemin played RW the last 2 years and Frattin alternates

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#67 Gz

Gz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

totally agree although i wouldnt have minded jvr in a 3 way.

I have to sig this, just because nobody will understand the context after this thread has effectively died.

totally agree although i wouldnt have minded jvr in a 3 way.

Context, people, context.

#68 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

Kinda interesting how the two largest trades over the past two days involve teams reuniting brothers. Staal's and Schenn's.

Neither sets are twins, but what team wouldn't want a brother combo after seeing how well our mavericks function together on the same team!

Tried that here with R and J Courtnall. If I recall correctly (then again, my age is getting to my memory synapses), Russ didn't work out so well here. He had speed and Bure and Russ were deadly shorthanded when they were on the ice, but he never really developed the way that everyone expected.

gallery_80434_550_54175.jpg

Win It For Gino in 2016! (a guy can hope)

#69 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

Here's a list of Toronto Maple Leafs Laughs roster players and prospects that I've compiled that IMO the Canucks should have some interest in.

I know the rumor circulating the internet about Gillis not wanting any defenseman, but Gardiner or Franson would improve our back end immediately. I know Gardiner is highly unlikely, but I'd be quite happy with aquiting Cody Franson in a package deal. We could really use an upgrade or two on the back end bottom 4 pairings to improve our depth on defense.

James van Riemsdyk is an obvious no brainer.

http://mapleleafs.nh...club/roster.htm

Roster Players (players with an * indicate the ones that I have the highest interest in)
*James van Riemsdyk LW - 6'3 200lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round (2nd) 2007PHI
*Jake Gardiner D - 6'0 184lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round (17th) 2008 ANA
*Cody Franson D - 6'5 213lbs - shoots right - drafted 3rd round (79th) 2005 NAS
Clarke MacArthur LW - 6'0 191lbs - shoots left - drafted 3rd (74th) 2003 BUF
Carl Gunnarsson D - 6'2 196lba - shoots left - drafted 7th round (194th) 2007 TOR
Tyler Bozak C - 6'1 195lbs - shoots right - undrafted
David Steckel C - 6'5 215lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round (30th) 2001 LA
Colby Armstrong RW - 6'2 195lbs - shoots right - drafted 1st (21st) 2001 PIT

Toronto also as some pretty intriguing prospects as well.

Prospects
*Tyler Biggs RW - 6'2 205lbs - shoots right - drafted 1st round (22nd) 2011TOR
*Brad Ross LW - 6'1 183lbs - shoots left - drafted 2nd round (43rd) 2010 TOR
*Joe Colborne C - 6'5 213lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round(16th) 2008 BOS
Matt Frattin RW - 6'0 200lbs - shoots right - drafted 4th round (99th) 2007 TOR
*Stuart Percy D - 6'1 187lbs - shoots left - drafted 1st round (25th) 2011 TOR
Jesse Blacker D - 6'1 190lbs - shoots right - drafted 2nd round (58th) 2009 TOR
Greg McKegg C - 6'0 191lbs - shoots left - drafted 3rd round (62nd) 2010 TOR
Korbinian Holzer D - 6'3 205lbs - shoots right - drafted 4th round (111) 2006 TOR
Sam Carrick C - 6'0 188lbs - shoots right - drafted 5th round (144th) 2010 TOR
Greg Scott RW - 6'0 193lbs - shoots right - undrafted/UFA signing by TOR
Jamie Devane LW - 6'5 217lbs - shoots left - drafted 3rd round (68th) 2009 TOR

The following list are the players that I have absolutely NO interest in and DO NOT want to see aquired by the Canucks in exchange for Lou.

NO Komisarek
NO Phanuef
NO Kessel
NO Lupul
NO Connolly
NO Grabovski
NO Kadri
NO Kulemin
NO Lombardi
NO J.M Liles

and any other player that I've left off this list would also be a NO (and I know I've a left off a few including the goalies)

#70 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

Luke Schenn has the potential to be the next Aki Berg.

Lol, Philly is in luck.

I will admit that I threw out a fist pump when I heard the news Gillis turned down Schenn. Shows me he knows his stuff and isn't willing to accept a player who doesn't fit just to get rid of Lu. I am as impatient as others, but I do take comfort in having Gillis behind the wheel.
Posted Image

#71 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

Luongo +Malhotra+ Raymond + Ballard for JVR, Kulemin, Franson and Orr

Nice let's trade our struggling/unwanted roster players (according to CDC). Toronto will definitley want them
Posted Image

#72 Mclean1

Mclean1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

i'll be more grateful if the media stops talking about Toronto and Vancouver trades period.

Edited by Mclean1, 24 June 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#73 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

I agree. After bring in Toronto Schenn is in all likelihood mentally damaged goods. Not so much because of media and fan pressure but because of the Brian Burke does things. For as good a GM as Burke is supposed to be his time in Toronto has seemingly lack direction. This trickles down to your players quickly. Burke pumped Schenn into something he's not. Burke has been living on what Schenn could be and never let this kid develop into what he could really be. Toronto didn't take the time to develop this kid. It will take time to undo what is done before the Flyers can bring this kid into true fruition. The Flyers are smart enough to know their gamble. The Canucks wisely stayed away from the gamble at the price of Luongo.
None of this is Schenn's fault and going to a team with his brother his turn around will most likely be faster than if he went somewhere else. He's lucky to get away from Burke and the clown show he's running in Toronto.

#74 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Cody Franson makes a great defensive pairing with Edler, it's almost guaranteed!

Let's make sure he is in a trade, maybe with Clarke MacArthur or Mathew Lombardi.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#75 Blmqvist

Blmqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

I smell Bobby Ryan...

booth, raymond and a 3rd for bobby ryan. :)

Schneider, Ballard, and Raymond. As per previous trade rumours.

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard enough and believe in yourself.

#76 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

That doesnt make much sense to me unless...

wait a minute...

you think hes good!?!?

You're in for a surprise when the new season starts. Schenn is a real deal - top 4 defenseman with top shutdown defenseman potential.

Well Gillis already turned down Schenn for Luongo, so he doesn't agree with you. I'm glad.

Yeah, of course Gillis turned down Schenn for Luongo straight up - he wants a package of Schenn + _______ not just Schenn. You obviously don't understand my second point, which is that if TOR kept Schenn, it would be perceived that they are still in the running and that Schenn is still on the table. That forces other teams to raise their price because the level of competition = Schenn. Now, the level of competition = Franson, which is a huge downgrade from Schenn. So the trade value of Luongo may go down.

#77 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

If we deal with florida......bring Jovo back!
Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#78 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

If we deal with florida......bring Jovo back!

Signed until he's 39.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#79 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Canucks fans are over valuing the trade value of Lu..... are you forgetting that he is passed his prime and is under a huge cap which limits him to a niche number of teams.

I actually would of been happy for Schenn for Lu straight up.

I rather have youth.

#80 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Canucks fans are over valuing the trade value of Lu..... are you forgetting that he is passed his prime and is under a huge cap which limits him to a niche number of teams.

I rather have youth.

$5.33M for a starting goalie isn't even remotely huge. Imagine being stuck with playoff chokers like Rinne and Lundqvist for $7M!

Edited by GradinToSmyl, 24 June 2012 - 02:38 PM.

After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#81 tjkaemingh

tjkaemingh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

yeah. Shenn interested me because of his hits and shock blocking ability and his defensive potential.
However when ever I watched toronto play, he was a pylon.
He did not get much ice time for a reason.

I do not want to rag on him too much but I am kind of glad he is not coming here either.
He needs more time to figure out his game (or better coaching or something)

We do not have time to let guys figure out their game.
Lets go win the cup within this 2-3 year window....

#82 Canucklehead73

Canucklehead73

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Toronto has no other interesting choices, and Florida doesn't interest me either

Schenn provides toughness that our defense lacks, and 250-300 hits, and can fight.

Would have loved him on the Canucks.

Florida... Huberdeau, Markstrom, Kulikov Maybe. If you want to restock the cupboards.

And yeah who would say no to 270 hits! I'm with you there.
Go Canucks Go!

#83 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

James van Riemsdyk is an obvious no brainer.

But Kessel is a def no?

#84 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

I am very glad he's off the market :lol:
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#85 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

So glad were not getting that joke of a d man named Schenn.
Posted Image

#86 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I rather have youth.

Passed his prime? Had a Career year a year ago? Went the furthest he's ever gone in the playoffs...

Huge cap hit? 5.3 M with the cap ceiling only rising?

Looks like you need to do your homework a bit there. Luongos value should be really high. Luongo for Schenn....what a lop sided trade that would be.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.