The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Farewell to Rome

vancouvercanucks#1

He doesn't deserve the negativity found on cdc. And i'm not sure why the guy who just does his job and keeps his mouth shut doesn't get a pass, but Shane O'Brien, the loudmouth partyboy who scored on himself whilest being a Canuck, does. Is it because O'Brien likes to be approached by the media? And vice-versa? Whatever.

I agree 100%

Rome is the hero Vancouver deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The Dark Knight.

I always liked Rome and his permanent 5 o'clock shadow. That hit on Horton was epic, I don't buy that "Bruins rallied from it and were able to come back" crap. If anything we should be the ones getting the momentum from witnessing such awesomeness, not to mention they lost a top winger.

PS that highlight goal vs the Kings was an amazing shift, the Sharks one too...... and the blackhawks one........... How does Rome of all players finish these!?

One time I was playing NHL 12 online and it was the Canucks vs. Bruins and I purposely put Rome on every defensive pairing just so I could reenact the hit he put on Thornton.

I did it perfectly, except instead of Thornton I did it on Marchand. He was out for the rest of the game.

I really with that would happen in real life.

That's what I hate about these boards...............CDC is always just a heart beat from sticking the knife into decent players who have given their all, when called upon for this team.

As the poster above says he is not flashy or cultured or particularly gifted but he has been a solid and steady player for us. He was always part of our grit (a gradually diminishing quality on this team) and never flinched when it came to protecting others or himself.

Leave the guy with some dignity. If he goes, he should go with our thanks for always giving 100% for the team. Ironically I look at SC winners and there is always one or two guys like Rome on every team...............I wish I could say the same for our tail / prospects waiting in the wings.

Lately, with solid physical defences like the Kings', Devils, Rangers and Bruins having so much playoff success, the Canucks need more of a shutdown, physical D as opposed to a puck-moving offensive type.

Tanev and Ballard got schooled against the Kings and Bruins because they're tiny guys who were demolished by bigger forwards. I'd much rather have Rome and Alberts out there together in the PLAYOFFS. Tanev and Ballard are built for the regular season, but Rome is a great guy to have in the playoffs because he plays hard and actually knows how to hit unlike the rest of our pathetic excuse for a defence.

That's what I hate about these boards...............CDC is always just a heart beat from sticking the knife into decent players who have given their all, when called upon for this team.

As the poster above says he is not flashy or cultured or particularly gifted but he has been a solid and steady player for us. He was always part of our grit (a gradually diminishing quality on this team) and never flinched when it came to protecting others or himself.

Leave the guy with some dignity. If he goes, he should go with our thanks for always giving 100% for the team. Ironically I look at SC winners and there is always one or two guys like Rome on every team...............I wish I could say the same for our tail / prospects waiting in the wings.

Archived