Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

A Farewell to Rome

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#91 Dr. J.

Dr. J.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

As long as Rome is in the system, and as long as Alain is our coach, Rome will play. He'll play. You bet he'll play. He'll play on a first pairing. And he'll play at Rogers Arena

I fear that you are right. But you forgot to mention the power play time.

#92 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

aaron Rome is reflective of Av's playing career, therefore AV loves Aaron rome

#93 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

wouldn't mind have keeping him, if we didn't sign Alberts last year -_- why Rome is miles better than Alberts, and that says a lot.

#94 John Garret's moustache

John Garret's moustache

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Look at the linesmans face

lol, first thing I noticed.
Posted Image

Thanks to Vintage Canuck. for the sick Zeppelin sig!

#95 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

My body is ready.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,464 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

And history repeats itself.
The Fall of Rome 476AD and now 2012AD.
Posted Image

#96 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

I like him on left wing,with his hits on the forecheck..I actually saw opposing forwards double check where he was...when he did catch a Dman he made them pay..4th line minutes maybe?..

#97 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,127 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

What negativity??? I have seen very little negativity

Seriously? The only player that I can think of that generates more negativity than Aaron Rome is Mason Raymond.

Rome has been maligned on this board for so long, it's hard to remember a time when he was appreciated at all. We even have a Mod who's supposed to be a player slagging him in this very thread.

Sometimes I find the ignorance of CDC posters truly staggering. Here we are a week or so after LA won the Cup with one superstar defenseman and a bunch of big, solid, physical guys who although not particularly fast, play within their capabilities and are an effective unit because of it.

Yet in the minds of CDCers, a similar player such as Aaron Rome, (who comes with the added benefit of a reasonable Cap hit, BTW) is the "worst defenseman ever".

I'll just say "well said" to the few of you who stood up for AR in this thread. (TOM, Bodee, Inconvenience, etc.)

Yeah, and it might have cost us the cup. Up until that point it was still a tight series with us having the slighter edge. I will be very glad when he departs with this organization.

If we truly lost the Cup because one of our defensemen destroyed an opposing player with a hit and we couldn't handle the resulting rally cry of the opposition, then we didn't deserve to win.

FTR: The Canucks killed the 5 minute major with relative ease. It all went south when Eddie's stick abandoned him on a routine clearing pass which the Canucks were unable to recover from, resulting in a floater goal that Luongo somehow failed to track.

That goal was what gave the Bruins momentum.

AV is the reason Rome took all that flack. He is a #7 D-man who was playing WELL ABOVE HIS COMFORT ZONE in a top-4 role at many times...

I'm not sure where you get this from. Rome rarely played in the top 4 and when he did, it was because injuries necessitated the move.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#98 vancouvercanucks#1

vancouvercanucks#1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Canucks aren't re-signing Rome...

I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I was right. :bigblush:

i am so sick of don cherry. get him the hell off ...hes way past his expiry date. I'm trying to watch hockey I don't want some senile blowhard talking about respecting baby jesus's birthday and not taking the lord's name in vain.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.