The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Burke know what a quality goaltender is anymore?

So wind bag Burke comes out and says Gillis is asking for 15 first round draft picks for for Bobby Lu. If they can get between 1 and 15 then something may happen, but he will not over pay.

Yet, in the Schenn trade he states in order to get a quality player you need to give up a quality player.

Seriously WTF does he think Bobby Lu is, some chump that is only going to play 20 games for him or pretty much the only guy that can get his joke of a team anywhere close to making the play-offs?

Burke should be happy Gillis is entertaining any Leaf coming back. My hope is Lu goes to Winnipeg and gets them into the play-offs and blowfish Burke gets canned next year.

I hope MG holds his ground and doesn't just give up Luongo for a couple of players. The asking price for Nash is 2 roster players and 2 quality prospects or high picks. Luongo should be the same, if not more - he's a star goalie who is more valuable than a star 30/40 goal scorer.

I have a feeling MG asked for something like Gardiner, Lombardi and Franson for Luongo, maybe a pick as well. Not saying it's fair but if Luongo has to go, we better strip the Leafs of all their assets and not get undercut because losing a top-10 all time NHL goaltender could spell disaster for the Canucks if we don't get enough quality pieces back.

I love it cause Burke has to do something, we don't. We can keep 2 goalies for the entire year. Imagine if Burky comes knocking in December, ah Hi Mike are you willing to talk about a goalie again? If wind bag Burke thought the asking price is high now, if he waits until the season starts he will have wished a deal was made now. Last year we lost 21 games, the year before we lost 17 games, not to shabby.

I love it cause Burke has to do something, we don't. We can keep 2 goalies for the entire year. Imagine if Burky comes knocking in December, ah Hi Mike are you willing to talk about a goalie again? If wind bag Burke thought the asking price is high now, if he waits until the season starts he will have wished a deal was made now. Last year we lost 21 games, the year before we lost 17 games, not to shabby.

I am not saying that MG should just give lu away

, but this deal has to happen soon. The longer he waits the more tension it will cause between lu and schnieder and MG. We can't start next season with both goalies, I can't see that being good for the locker room.

Dan Cloutier meltdowns and mysterious injuries when the playoffs would start would give the best example.

The WCE line was te best line in hockey but not even that can get you passed the second round when your goalie lets in pivotal goals from the red line. Maybe our D wasn't great, but come on!

Yes, Burke knows whats a quality goalie. He has one stanley cup ring, one more than you'll ever have. He is a gm, a profession you will never have a chance of being. Quit questioning a professional, they are called professionals for a reason

Archived