The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good morning Vancouver

Special Ed

I dont really agree...as time goes by, the offer will decrease and teams will be less interested in Luongo.

This is the time where teams makes major shakeup, between draft and july 5th ish. After that when we get to August teams are usually completed and teams are planning training camp and the start of the season. Specially if it looks like the season will start late because of the CBA negociation, teams will be reluctant to trade for Luongo before everything is settle.

Also teams will know Canucks are more and more impatient to unload Luongo before the start of the season. Despite Gillis saying he's fine starting the season with 2 goalies, i'm sure he'd rather start with 1. Otherwise a controversy will start to grow.

Now is the time where teams will overpay IMO.

Schneider wants a commitment fromMG that he's the #1 going forward. So far MG has given him no indication that this is the case. He may be an RFA this season and is restricted to his options but, next year he's a UFA. If he get's there, he he holds all the cards and I don't think coming back would be an option.

Nail on the head!!

We're playing with fire on this one.

Schneider wants a commitment fromMG that he's the #1 going forward. So far MG has given him no indication that this is the case. He may be an RFA this season and is restricted to his options but, next year he's a UFA. If he get's there, he he holds all the cards and I don't think coming back would be an option. Add to that the possibility of a team signing him to a one year deal with a rediculous wage increase (it could happen)and we could wind up in a world of hurt. Every GM out there knows Schneider wants to be #1 and that he wants Lou out of there before he commits to Vancouver. MG never got it done,so Schneider may have a look at his market value. He could quite conceivably get a 1

Lou has already fallen out of favor with Vancouver fans and his statement about waiving his no trade clause in favor of a move didn't help. It's unfortunate that MG got forced into a situation where he had no option but to accept a retarded contract with rediculous terms. I remember saying how rediculous it was when they first announced it. Now it's biting both, MG and Lou in the ass. MG can't deal him and Lou is gonna have a rough season next year, if he will even show. The only saving grace would be if he decides to wait it out at home. At least then we could suspend him without pay.

Lou does need to go ASAP before we end up getting burned.

If we don't trade Luongo soon, we won't be able to sign Schneider. We will open Schneider up to offer sheets from other teams and even if the Canucks match the offer sheet, a team like the Blackhawks could make us pay through the nose for him. That could take millions off of our cap next year and render Gillis incapable of negotiating with free agents (a no-lose situation for Chi-town). Of course, Chicago wouldn't try to do that to us would they?

If they don't find a buyer for Louie, Cory will want out.Trading Schneider would mean no cup in Vancouver for a long time! They can't keep both because it's too expensive and Cory would be unhappy that he's not starting most games. End result : they have to trade Louie for the best available offer or their screwed.

I couldn't agree more with special ed.

I have heard a lot about CS saying he won't sign untill Lou is gone, but I can't find when or where he said that, and I like to think that I follow the news pretty close. IMO Burke is under the gun, not Gillis.

If we arent going to get the return we want, then fine, let TO start the season with 2 shakey goalies and poor defensive core.

Burke needs Lou, all we have to do is wait.

If we don't trade Luongo soon, we won't be able to sign Schneider. We will open Schneider up to offer sheets from other teams and even if the Canucks match the offer sheet, a team like the Blackhawks could make us pay through the nose for him. That could take millions off of our cap next year and render Gillis incapable of negotiating with free agents (a no-lose situation for Chi-town). Of course, Chicago wouldn't try to do that to us would they?

Archived