The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opening night and you are the coach, who starts?

burrows#1

Honestly, if I'm the coach I'm starting Luongo. If he is still in Vancouver on day 1 of the regular season then he is still the #1 goalie. You do this out of respect for Luongo and you also do this because you know the ultimate intention is to deal Luongo so you want to emphasize that the man is still a starting goalie that a contender does not hesitate to put in their net as a #1. That would help sell Luongo better than showing everyone else that he's nothing but their disgruntled backup now.

Gotta deal with who's staying and who's leaving first, even if somehow they are both here in october, I think we must start with our top guy, come out of the gate as a solid unit and set the tone for the 2012-2013 season and forget about that mixed-up & almost confused unit we had back in april.

You have to earn with AV remember.

Who ever performs at training camp & during the preseason. For Games 1-2 send Lack to Calgary, Start Schneidz at home and start Luongo during the last games. Who ever works hard, earns it and performs the best starts. No set starter this season from what MG has said and AV so let's not assume they won't determine this during camp.

Archived