The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Chi

Luongo for Hossa straight up. It's the perfect trade I find. Both really long contracts with similar cap hit around 5 million per season, and in terms of age both are 33. Plus its fits both team's needs. Chicago needs a goalie and they get that in Luongo and Canucks need a Top 6 player and we get that in Hossa.

A line with Booth-Kesler-Hossa would be sick.

Bad contract for bad contract very fair.

It's better than what others were suggesting taking in Komisarek from Toronto :picard: . At least Hossa can still produce and be effective

Oops sorry about putting this in the wrong forum

Hossa's current status means his cap hit will go away? But it also means he could retire early, meaning we'd get nothing for Luongo and help out the Hawks.

In the meantime, Yeeeeeee-Haaaaaawwww HOSSA! He's a 3-time cup finalist.

TOML

I'm as optimistic as getting someone good for Luongo as anybody else here, but most of you guys are delusional. You guys are going to be sadly surprised at how little he picks us up. He's not a 23 year old goalie entering his prime with a 3 year contract. Hell, we gave "nothing" to get him when he was in him prime. I hope we get something nice back, but at this point, it's not why we need to get rid of him. I think if we could fetch someone good, we already would have traded him. The idea of him going to chicago is also laughable. Chicago thinks he is awful, along with most of the NHL, and they aren't entirely wrong. Remember that thing the rat Bolland said about having ZERO current canucks on their team.

Yea look at how hard its been for Gillis to get a good trading deal for Luongo...its because of his contract! You guys are all blind man seriously you think teams would just take on a long ass contract for nothing? If so Gomez and Horcoff would've been traded by now

Yea look at how hard its been for Gillis to get a good trading deal for Luongo...its because of his contract! You guys are all blind man seriously you think teams would just take on a long ass contract for nothing? If so Gomez and Horcoff would've been traded by now

Archived