The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aaron Rome is now gone.

Danthecanucksfan

So apparently I am a better judge of talent than you are.

The fact that Joe Nieuwendyk said this about him (pretty much what I have said all along) backs it up.

"Aaron is a physical defensive defenseman who adds size and grit to our blue line," said Nieuwendyk. "He competes at a very high level and helps make our team harder to play against. We're very pleased to add Aaron to our team for the next three years."

Lets not forget that the Stars gave him close to double what the Canucks were paying him. It should go to show (to anyone with a half a brain anyway) what a bargain this "useless plug" was in Vancouver.

So apparently I am a better judge of talent than you are.

The fact that Joe Nieuwendyk said this about him (pretty much what I have said all along) backs it up.

"Aaron is a physical defensive defenseman who adds size and grit to our blue line," said Nieuwendyk. "He competes at a very high level and helps make our team harder to play against. We're very pleased to add Aaron to our team for the next three years."

Lets not forget that the Stars gave him close to double what the Canucks were paying him. It should go to show (to anyone with a half a brain anyway) what a bargain this "useless plug" was in Vancouver.

He wasn't a bargain he is just overpaid now(well maybe not with the contracts going around these days). He got paid to be exactly what he was and is a 6-7 journeyman. The hate just comes from all the overuse like when AV would stick him out on the 2nd PP unit. As far as it goes I am happy for him but I would rather have Alberts as our spare dman as he brings a bit more size and physicality.

Archived