Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain_Burrows

Luongo's Value

keep in mind the context of my reply though. The statement was that Lu could put you in the "cup hunt" and that's why I said if it was true, why would you be trading him (playing devils advocate to it.) I won't deny that Lu could make a team better or help get them into the playoffs... but some of the people here are saying how great he is (saying how he'll still be a top goalie when he's 40) when in reality he's at the age when goalies start to "slide" away from their prime years.

So look at it from Florida's view... they have a roster full of prospects right now that haven't proven much. Why would they trade some of those away, for a goalie that'll help them "win now" when they really need a goalie that'll help them "win tomorrow" (so Cory would probably be the better fit) when those prospects should be hitting their prime years (and by that time Lu's probably already retired)

The Panthers have Markstrom and maybe they think Lu is a big part of Schneiders success, so signing Lu to mentor Markstrom may well be worth it to get Markstrom to where Cory is now.

In your dreams, Schneider should be tutoring Luongo as he is much better technically...Lou does not have much to offer as a mentor me thinks and Lou had nothing to do with Schneiders success. !!!!!!!!!!!

LOUNGO HAS NO VALUE!!! Over and over again people keep throwing out Gardiner and Gubranson and it will never happen. Loungo has no value he is a 33 year old goalie with a 10 year contract! We might get a 4/5 D man or a 3rd liner and a 2nd round pick. Gillis is highballing and is going to run out of time. You think that Toronto and florida and whoever else Gillis has had talks with are just waiting for the price to come down? No they are persueing other options daily if they have a need. There are young goalies (Bernier, Enroth, Lehner, Neuvirth that are available at a fraction of the price for same trade value. Depending what side of the fence you are on whether it Lou or Cory. Just think if we miss out trading Lou for say nothing how are you going to feel when Cory is a yearly allstar and we still have a 5.33 million 37 year old goalie that has regressed every year? Now is the time to cut the ties before its too late. Every year we wait his value drops and the chances of another team picking up that insane contract diminishes.

are you stupid? Cory has directly said in interviews that luongos preparation and focus have helped him get better at preparing and being ready to play

I think we all underestimate Lu.

With a hard hitting defensive D in front of him most top teams would be looking at AT LEAST one SC imo. Lu is a winner, he has also CARRIED this defence (most of who think they are forwards) on his back for years.

So for me he would be worth, to the right team, and Florida seem to be putting the pieces in place, a Perry calibre winger AND a young rising D like Sbisa.............Unfortunately it's Florida we are talking about and I'm not sure the Ducks need a goalie.

Frankly, I think all this would go down better if we kept Lu (got him a couple of real big defenders) and traded Cory.

In your dreams, Schneider should be tutoring Luongo as he is much better technically...Lou does not have much to offer as a mentor me thinks and Lou had nothing to do with Schneiders success. !!!!!!!!!!!