The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks-Gragnani, Oreskovich, Rome, Ebbett, Duco and Parent Not Qualified, Unrestricted Free Agents

Danimal

T @benkuzma: Canucks confirm no RFA offers to Marc-Andre Gragnani, Mike Duco and Ryan Parent by today's 2pm Pacific deadline. All now UFAs

I think this is the wrong move by not qualifying Gragnani, he's got potential and was a key cog to the Hodgson trade

Interesting. So Lebrun was right. Does anyone have a sound bite of MG saying that MAG was qualified last week? Just seems a bit strange if he came out and said it...must have been on bad information?

I'm also assuming that we can add Oreskovich to the list of players who were not qualified?

Time to clear the cupboards and restock the depth. None of these guys are big losses. People may raise their eyebrows at letting MAG go but he was a throw in. Kassian was the main piece of that deal. i would like to see Pinizzotto get another shot. He was lookin pretty good until his injury.

Gragnani move here is a head scratcher.....He had shown he has some fine skills, just needs to develop his defensive game. I think Gragnani not returning is a mistake, then again it will be interesting to see who replaces him on the depthchart.

We're going to regret not qualifying MAG down the road. It's idiotic to give up on a guy who put up 60 points in 63 AHL games just a year ago. He still needs a lot of development but he was a very promising prospect. Oh well guess he'll become a great player on another team down the line and we can all whine about it for the next few years.

Archived