• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danimal

[Report] Canucks-Gragnani, Oreskovich, Rome, Ebbett, Duco and Parent Not Qualified, Unrestricted Free Agents

138 posts in this topic

Please refer to item number 5.....

Though I do agree with all your points.

I hate how all the CoHo fanboys are so desparate to see Kassian fail so that their own opinions can be validated.

If you don't like the deal, fine. I am not thrilled with the trade in terms of meeting the team's immediate needs.

However, I really like Kassian and I want to see him succeed. Just because you (not referring to quoted poster) call yourself Hodgson's biggest fan, doesn't mean you have to hate on Kassian and talk about how he sucks.

I remember when people on CDC thought Gillis should trade Schneider for Ryan Parent and some picks. Glad that never happened :P Wouldn't have bothered me if Gragnani would have been qualified, and maybe Ebbett. Maybe Gillis want to make more room for the younger D-man prospects in the AHL? Can't say we are very deep on D-prospects though so i don't know if that would be the case.

Yeah, they made sure to play him the required amount of games so he wouldn't be UFA, so it is strange that they didn't qualify him.

Run any clips you want, the facts are that Sulzer put up 8 points in 15 games for them (and was +2) while getting way higher minutes per game than he did here (7 of the 15 games he played over 21 minutes). Considering that the Sabres best defenseman was only a +5, I don't think Sulzer did so badly at all... and they re-signed him in May so they wanted him back.

> The Cody trade is looking worse with each passing day.

So naive...

1. Kassian is a year behind Hodgson in development.

2. So, you don't compare him to Hodgson of this year, you compare him to Hodgson of last year.

3. Last year, Hodgson had 2 NHL points and was a middling AHL player (0.58ppg).

4. This year, Kassian had 10 NHL points and was a near-dominant player (0.87ppg) in the AHL.

5. Hodgson plays a position we have two trophy winners playing already.

6. Kassian plays a position we need.

Come on man, there no place here for logic and sound reasoning. This is CDC.

Way to go Mike, traded Cody Hodgson ( our best prospect in the last 10 years easily) for Kassian, and a bunch of MAG turnovers.

GREAT GM WORK! You really earned that extension.

Only one there I really liked was Ebbett. MAG probably could have used some more time to try and develop though.

Looks like MG is getting ready to make some moves.

I sense a "different" looking team next year. :)

Way to go Mike, traded Cody Hodgson ( our best prospect in the last 10 years easily) for Kassian, and a bunch of MAG turnovers.

GREAT GM WORK! You really earned that extension.

With the extra room.. does that mean we may be looking to sign a high profile free agent?

Possibly throwing money at Garrison, Doan, or even Parise.

We're going to regret not qualifying MAG down the road. It's idiotic to give up on a guy who put up 60 points in 63 AHL games just a year ago. He still needs a lot of development but he was a very promising prospect. Oh well guess he'll become a great player on another team down the line and we can all whine about it for the next few years.

House cleaning to bring someone in probably need the cap space.

What happened to bitz. Please tell me the Canucks will sign him.

MG is going to be busy this summer, that's for sure.

Gragnani and Sulzer would've only succeeded here last season if they were top-4 defensemen.

They are not top-4 defensemen. Not here anyway.

Buffalo's style allowed them to be more successful for brief periods. I don't think Sulzer's success there is sustainable, but we'll see.

None of these guys are important. Gillis probably tried to trade Grags, but no takers.

I'll say this though, if Gillis doesn't have something huge planned for the summer, then it would appear that the party is over. Esp. if we trade Luongo for scraps too. Cheers.

TOML

I'm not particularly stoked on not giving gragnani a proper chance to develop within our system. I get that we are clearing contracts which is why I don't understand why that pylon weise got qualified. Such a useless player. Duco was tougher.

Wow.

Gillis dropped the ball by trading Grabner AND Hodgson.

Lulz.

Have to say, Gillis has done some innovative things but he's not a God.

CoHo wanted out. Gillis had to find a way.