The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks-Gragnani, Oreskovich, Rome, Ebbett, Duco and Parent Not Qualified, Unrestricted Free Agents

Danimal

I'm under the impression Duco is gone because of our draft picks. Gillis is probably thinking that there has to be SOMEONE in our system that can take his spot. One can only hope that, on a cup-contending team, this is the case.

As for Grags, I thought it was reported that he was QO'd... if he is let go, it's because Tanev is better, and Salo is back. Even if Ballard is traded, Grags is out. Even Alberts is still around, and there are other prospects in the system who are on the way up.

The Canucks most certainly have better things to do with that cap space than disperse it amongst a bunch of players who all split very limited ice time. ...who ever that may be, I wont bother to speculate. Gillis tends to pull players out of nowhere that we would never expect (Higgins, Lapierre. Good calls :D )

Anywho, there is a lot of chump change here, and it all adds up. Overall, I agree with Gillis.

EDIT: not sure about the Oreskovich dump. Must have to do with the players we drafted. That, or an attitude problem regarding ice-time (like Hodgson. Hope this doesn't ruin our chances on Schultz...)

> The Cody trade is looking worse with each passing day.

So naive...

1. Kassian is a year behind Hodgson in development.

2. So, you don't compare him to Hodgson of this year, you compare him to Hodgson of last year.

3. Last year, Hodgson had 2 NHL points and was a middling AHL player (0.58ppg).

4. This year, Kassian had 10 NHL points and was a near-dominant player (0.87ppg) in the AHL.

5. Hodgson plays a position we have two trophy winners playing already.

6. Kassian plays a position we need.

MG supposedly shopped MAGs around with no takers. Maybe he has decided to keep Ballard or trade him with a comeback. Either way the decision probably came down to K Conn vs MAGS. I am looking forward to K-Con getting some games this year.

MG kept Alberts and let Rome go which might be a CAP decision and a unexpired contract with ALberts. I wish Rome well as he was a reliable depth guy. I just have to think that Van's youth on the d-side has to get NHL exposure.

So he dealt a 1 hit wonder Grabner and head case Hodgson. boo hoo!

Burrows @2m/4yrs

Hamhuis @4.5/6yrs

Daniel @6.1/5yrs - Art Ross, Ted Lindsay

Henrik @6.1/5yrs - Art Ross, Hart

Kesler @5m/6yrs - Selke

Acquired Ehrhoff for nothing.

Acquired Sundin as a rookie GM.

Acquired Booth for two injured veterans.

Signed Edler to a 4yr/3.125m contract extension.

Didnt trade Schneider.

Didn't trade Bieksa.

Signed Eddie Lack.

Mistake signing Luongo to massive contract, but will trade him and mistake will be cleaned up.

Etc.

The good heavily weighs out the bad.

Archived