The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks-Gragnani, Oreskovich, Rome, Ebbett, Duco and Parent Not Qualified, Unrestricted Free Agents

Danimal

Please refer to item number 5.....

Though I do agree with all your points.

I hate how all the CoHo fanboys are so desparate to see Kassian fail so that their own opinions can be validated.

If you don't like the deal, fine. I am not thrilled with the trade in terms of meeting the team's immediate needs.

However, I really like Kassian and I want to see him succeed. Just because you (not referring to quoted poster) call yourself Hodgson's biggest fan, doesn't mean you have to hate on Kassian and talk about how he sucks.

I remember when people on CDC thought Gillis should trade Schneider for Ryan Parent and some picks. Glad that never happened :P Wouldn't have bothered me if Gragnani would have been qualified, and maybe Ebbett. Maybe Gillis want to make more room for the younger D-man prospects in the AHL? Can't say we are very deep on D-prospects though so i don't know if that would be the case.

Yeah, they made sure to play him the required amount of games so he wouldn't be UFA, so it is strange that they didn't qualify him.

Run any clips you want, the facts are that Sulzer put up 8 points in 15 games for them (and was +2) while getting way higher minutes per game than he did here (7 of the 15 games he played over 21 minutes). Considering that the Sabres best defenseman was only a +5, I don't think Sulzer did so badly at all... and they re-signed him in May so they wanted him back.

> The Cody trade is looking worse with each passing day.

So naive...

1. Kassian is a year behind Hodgson in development.

2. So, you don't compare him to Hodgson of this year, you compare him to Hodgson of last year.

3. Last year, Hodgson had 2 NHL points and was a middling AHL player (0.58ppg).

4. This year, Kassian had 10 NHL points and was a near-dominant player (0.87ppg) in the AHL.

5. Hodgson plays a position we have two trophy winners playing already.

6. Kassian plays a position we need.

We're going to regret not qualifying MAG down the road. It's idiotic to give up on a guy who put up 60 points in 63 AHL games just a year ago. He still needs a lot of development but he was a very promising prospect. Oh well guess he'll become a great player on another team down the line and we can all whine about it for the next few years.

Gragnani and Sulzer would've only succeeded here last season if they were top-4 defensemen.

They are not top-4 defensemen. Not here anyway.

Buffalo's style allowed them to be more successful for brief periods. I don't think Sulzer's success there is sustainable, but we'll see.

None of these guys are important. Gillis probably tried to trade Grags, but no takers.

I'll say this though, if Gillis doesn't have something huge planned for the summer, then it would appear that the party is over. Esp. if we trade Luongo for scraps too. Cheers.

TOML

I'm not particularly stoked on not giving gragnani a proper chance to develop within our system. I get that we are clearing contracts which is why I don't understand why that pylon weise got qualified. Such a useless player. Duco was tougher.

Archived