The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Refuses to waive NTC

JustNazzy

I would agree with this but it's come to a point where Luongo pretty much has to go now, Luongo was rumoured to want out during the season due to family issues and him wanting to be closer and be in the East. You can't trade a Schneider who wants to be here as the number 1 guy and keep Luongo who wants out to be in the East and closer to home. If Luongo was happy and wanted to stay here then I fully agree as Schneiders return right now would be HUGE to Luongo's return due to age and contract will be much less. You can't keep a guy in the locker room who doesn't want to be here no more, Gillis showed he'll do that with the Hodgson trade. At this point Schneider is the most untouchable on this team, imho.

did Aaron Portzline ever post an audio clip with Luongo stating this?

First there was a list that the reporters said was submitted by Luongo then Gillis is saying there was never a list.

This whole thing has been blown up by the media and reporters if you did not notice. The reporters are the ones steering this trade and pushing this trade. Not Gillis, not the other GM's and not Luongo. Just think about it. The reporter that interviewed Gaunce and Gillis on Gaunce's first interview. Gillis was asking the guy like "Are you kidding me?" It is the only thing the media cares about on the Canucks. The worst thing about this whole mess is that Luongo is not being traded for the good of the team It's because he is being driven out by the media. If you fans actually considered the amount of rumors and speculations these so called "hockey analyst" pulls out and calculate the amount of times there were actually right...These trade rumors only happen like 5 percent of the time, most trades come unexpectedly. For 6 years Luongo was a hero and now he's the goat? Remember Naslund? Ohlund? Bertuzzi? The Vancouver market is like a pack of wild animals. This is one of the reasons why Vancouver does not deserve the cup. The team Vancouver Canucks deserves a cup the the fans and media of Vancouver no way.

did Aaron Portzline ever post an audio clip with Luongo stating this?

First there was a list that the reporters said was submitted by Luongo then Gillis is saying there was never a list.

This whole thing has been blown up by the media and reporters if you did not notice. The reporters are the ones steering this trade and pushing this trade. Not Gillis, not the other GM's and not Luongo. Just think about it. The reporter that interviewed Gaunce and Gillis on Gaunce's first interview. Gillis was asking the guy like "Are you kidding me?" It is the only thing the media cares about on the Canucks. The worst thing about this whole mess is that Luongo is not being traded for the good of the team It's because he is being driven out by the media. For 6 years Luongo was a hero and now he's the goat? Remember Naslund? Ohlund? Bertuzzi? The Vancouver market is like a pack of wild animals. This is one of the reasons why Vancouver does not deserve the cup. The team Vancouver Canucks deserves a cup the the fans and media of Vancouver no way.

watching mg he genuinly doesnt seem to stressed about all of this. Things may be simpler than they seem in that the only thing we really know for sure is what lou said in the first place. Luongo only accepting a trade to florida is something that was probably the case beforehand.

Hockeyy Insiderr ‏@HockeyyInsiderr

It is my understanding that Aaron Portzline had the Luongo refusing to waive rumor? Not to discredit, but this is 100% FALSE. #Canucks

Hockeyy Insiderr ‏@HockeyyInsiderr

#Canucks I'll start with Luongo rumor I can 100% CONFIRM he did NOT refuse to waive his NTC 4 the #Leafs nor 4 the #Blackhawk @strombone1

Also on NHL Insider Bob McKenzie says that he doubts that is true.

What a load of crap. How many idiots are on this forum? I am calling all of you out. You are morons for falling hook, line and sinker for baseless rumors that the Canucks organization, other analysts and Roberto Luongo himself have declared false.

Why are we destroying this mans reputation? He's a great goalie. We are probably going to need to trade him, but that doesn't mean we should lambast him.

I guarantee the next person the Vancouver media will target after Vancouver trades Luongo will be Kesler. Hockey players should understand that the media and fans can turn on you with a snap of a finger. We will turn on our own city for crying out loud.

I guarantee the next person the Vancouver media will target after Vancouver trades Luongo will be Kesler. Hockey players should understand that the media and fans can turn on you with a snap of a finger. We will turn on our own city for crying out loud.

I agree with you in that it's now uncomfortable for Lu to stay - which is a shame. I may be in the minority on this, but I think Schneider is still a season away from being a starter (65+ games) - but I guess we'll see soon enough. And you're right about keeping a guy in the locker room, wouldn't be right.

Another year and Schneid's will be one of the older goalies in the league and folks will start to talk about his declining ability due to age within a couple years. The guys he was better than in junior, are fighting for the Vezina and winning Stanly Cups as starters.

He's taken his time, paid his dues and is physically and mentally ready to take on a larger role. If it's not going to be with the Nucks, they should move him somewhere where he can take that step.

Yes, he has paid his dues - but the teams the other goalies are on (quick, smith) didn't have elite goalies starting in front of them. And Quick didn't really get going until this season when they brought in that goalie coach. As far as age goes, I think Thomas, Brodeur and Roloson (2010/11) have all proven that age isn't as much a factor as most would have you believe.

It really isn't...look how bad the Leafs have been for what 8-9 years now? yet they still sellout every night despite not making the playoffs since before the lockout.

If the Canucks had been that bad for that long we'd be lucky to get 10,000 people into the arena

Archived