The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Refuses to waive NTC

JustNazzy

What a load of crap. How many idiots are on this forum? I am calling all of you out. You are morons for falling hook, line and sinker for baseless rumors that the Canucks organization, other analysts and Roberto Luongo himself have declared false.

Why are we destroying this mans reputation? He's a great goalie. We are probably going to need to trade him, but that doesn't mean we should lambast him.

Please provide evidence this is a "baseless rumour"

The source was specifically named and is a writer in Columbus. This isn't Ekklund we're talking about. TSN took this seriously enough to comment on it so they must have checked into it - and I respect Bob McKenzies integrity. He is a solid analyst. Probably more respected in that position than most in this country when it comes to hockey.

Yet, "we're all morons" and "need to be called out"

ok fella, I'm calling YOU out. Where is your evidence that this is all a bunch of BS?

Oh that's right. You have nothing but your opinion, ... which doesn't mean **

Think a bit before you start calling people "morons".

Really? 2 months after Lu said he would wave his NTC and you think the Canucks and Lu dont know where each other stand?

Just had a draft and free agency is a week away. If Gillis hasnt got to the point where he knows exactly what his options are he should be fired.

if this is legit and Luongo is going to be a pain and handcuff us and if Florida won't offer anything good back or wants to dump a bad contract on us then put his ass on waivers and he can have fun in Columbus. Clearing Luongo's contract and fitting Schneider in as the #1 is already a plus for Vancouver, if Luongo wants to play hard ball then frack it put his ass up on waivers and there's no way Columbus passes up on a free Luongo and we clear like 40+ million and can then sign Schenider, that's a huge plus for Vancouver. Florida has already gone on record saying their not giving up any of their top prospects for Luongo or willing to pay much for him.

I don't understand how Luongo can say he won't be a pain or one of those players if the club decides to go another direction and then only gives us one option to trade him to.

Appreciate a voice of reason here.

Ive always liked B-Macks approach to media fuelled speculation. I understand he really has the confidence of most NHL organizations with insider info, and he is generally logical about his own theories and speculation. Kind of suprised he hasnt ever moved deeper into the business side of Hockey.

That being said...im willing to bet MG has certainly been called about Lu, if only based on rampant rumours, only to be told that there really hasnt been any major scenarios drawn up between agent-player-management.

As far as i am concerned, the Lu situation is as it was from the start of all this: Lu stated that if the team wants to move him, he is game; Gillis has stated he wants Lu to stay and is in no rush to make sure no heavy emotions on either side make a hasty choice, but is on the phone listening...and of course Schnieds was predictably qualified.

Its pretty simple.

Everything else that has been tacked on to this near non-issue is comical speculation and silly armchair GM'ing.

ok for starters luo has a long contract with the canucks... he has fulfilled his obligation... he doesn't have to do anything.. he doesn't have to go anywhere.... to to say he is handcuffing us is stupid... if you really want luo gone you should thank MG and his retarded contract that he offered luo in the first place...

but the canucks offered luo a ridiculous contract he signed it... thats it... now all of a sudden the canucks don't want him... to bad that is how a contract works... and unless there is a team willing to take that contract we are stuck with him... if he doesn't want to go to the teams that are making offers to bad... that is the reality of his contract..he is in the drivers seat.. and i don't think we can waive him...for one we would be liable for half his contract...that would be the stupidest thing we can do...

If Lou will only move to one team it puts that team in the drivers seat and his value is close to nil. The nucks should just send the bum down, keep him under contract and kill his hopes of ever playing in the NHL again if he will not open up more teams. I'm sure he would love to play the rest of his days with the wolves, he would still get benched in the playoffs I'm sure.

did Aaron Portzline ever post an audio clip with Luongo stating this?

First there was a list that the reporters said was submitted by Luongo then Gillis is saying there was never a list.

This whole thing has been blown up by the media and reporters if you did not notice. The reporters are the ones steering this trade and pushing this trade. Not Gillis, not the other GM's and not Luongo. Just think about it. The reporter that interviewed Gaunce and Gillis on Gaunce's first interview. Gillis was asking the guy like "Are you kidding me?" It is the only thing the media cares about on the Canucks. The worst thing about this whole mess is that Luongo is not being traded for the good of the team It's because he is being driven out by the media. If you fans actually considered the amount of rumors and speculations these so called "hockey analyst" pulls out and calculate the amount of times there were actually right...These trade rumors only happen like 5 percent of the time, most trades come unexpectedly. For 6 years Luongo was a hero and now he's the goat? Remember Naslund? Ohlund? Bertuzzi? The Vancouver market is like a pack of wild animals. This is one of the reasons why Vancouver does not deserve the cup. The team Vancouver Canucks deserves a cup the the fans and media of Vancouver no way.

Archived