Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Luongo Refuses to waive NTC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
165 replies to this topic

#151 chicklette

chicklette

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

It's not his fault. Sportsnet said it's an option. Hell, even Bob McKenzie said this...

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie
"End of day, Luongo has to make sure he doesn't end up in CHI...with AHL Wolves. Right now, tho, FLA and TOR think VAN asking price too high."

As stupid as it sounds, it is an option. I can't see it happening but I have seen so many stupid things go on in the NHL, nothing surprises me anymore.

We all know how Luongo starts the season, it's the same way every year. It takes him a good month to get going. What happens if Luongo stays here and has a bad month?

Posted Image

I never post but LOL!

#152 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

This is a little harsh - I agree that burying Luongo in the minors is improbable at best but the Rangers put Redden in the minors 2 years into a 6 year contract. That didn't stop Richards from signing there.

That could be 6/49's next ad campaign. It could happen!

You still believe this BS, Lou is screwing with us right now. He is a crying little boy, don't play me in the playoffs and I'll ask for a trade and drive my value down by only accepting one team.

Send him down the Canucks can pay it. And Stan I think it's a great message to send to other players, we want you to play hard, play consistent, and if you screw with us your down. Players that want to win would be happy to play for a team like that, players that just want to be paid not so much.

Doesn't typing the same words over and over start to wear you down? I am only guessing, but has the paint from your L, U, O, N & G buttons, with priority to the O, worn off?

Edited by GradinToSmyl, 26 June 2012 - 09:23 AM.

After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#153 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Sigh... make a deal already Gillis before other teams get their goalie situations solved.

Because as we all know, all 30 teams have their goalie issues solved every July 1.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#154 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,734 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

http://bit.ly/MlN42u

"The least you can say about Monday’s report concerning Roberto Luongo’s preferred destination isit passes the smell test.
As for a more rigorous test of its veracity, sorry. This is the age of Twitter. When information is passed along in 140­character missives there are bound to be holes. And this item left a few questions unanswered.
“There are a lot of stories out there,” said Luongo’s agent Gilles Lupien. “That’s why I don’t pick up the phone. I don’t want to create any new ones.”
No, that will fall to others. But the latest report did create a fresh talking point to this tired story and, in this market, that development can’t be ignored.
On Monday, Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Post-Dispatch tweeted that Luongo, to this point, had declined to waive his no-trade clause to the Blackhawks or Leafs and was using that clause to steer a trade toward the Panthers.
This, naturally, inspired a flood of stories from the various theorists who inhabit cyberspace and, in short order, the story had morphed from Luongo trying to influence a deal to Luongo rejecting a trade to Leafs (the headline on Slam Sports’ website).
We can’t say much for certain about this saga. But we can say that is categorically false."

Kypreos jumping the gun like his Eastern colleagues - suggesting the Canucks could waive Luongo and bury him in the AHL = fail.

#155 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,734 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

The Wade Redden comparisons are weak - Redden had 2 goals and a dozen assists in 75 games before being sent down to the AHL - those numbers are worse than Bouwmeester's! Luongo's performance is not the issue - the speculation is politics, not information.

#156 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Kypreos jumping the gun like his Eastern colleagues - suggesting the Canucks could waive Luongo and bury him in the AHL = fail.

Hi Aqui, it's MG here! Uhh, I know you are going through an expensive divorce and i know I was insistent on signing Lu forever but would you be ok paying him to play in Chicago for $6.7M this year? Maybe we'll trade him next summer? Oh, no, we cant trade him half way through the year. Sorry, if we call him up we will lose him to recall waivers. What's that? hat means you pay half his salary until the end of time.

#157 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

The Wade Redden comparisons are weak - Redden had 2 goals and a dozen assists in 75 games before being sent down to the AHL - those numbers are worse than Bouwmeester's! Luongo's performance is not the issue - the speculation is politics, not information.

And if 1 NHL team wanted him, they could have had him. I can't imagine Luongo clearing waivers. In fact, the Leafs would likely be laughing as they plucked him up for free.

#158 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

this is getting rediculous! lets just send him to the wolves and get it over with!

#159 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Update: Lebrun on 1040: Florida's ownership has cleared Tallon to take on Luongo's salary but he speculates that Gillis will need to take a bad contract.

Not really anything earth shattering but it does confirm that Florida does indeed intend to try to acquire Luongo. To this point, I believed Florida was simply entertaining trade possibilities with Vancouver but when you ask your owner for permission to acquire Luongo and his contract, it means you're serious about it.

Toronto was the most likely destination for Luongo but Florida is quickly becoming an equally as likely destination, if not more likely, based on Gillis' and Tallon's relationship and the quality of return the Canucks could get from Florida vs from Toronto.

Edited by NuxFan09, 26 June 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#160 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Update: Lebrun on 1040: Florida's ownership has cleared Tallon to take on Luongo's salary but he speculates that Gillis will need to take a bad contract.

Not really anything earth shattering but it does confirm that Florida does indeed intend to try to acquire Luongo. To this point, I believed Florida was simply entertaining trade possibilities with Vancouver but when you ask your owner for permission to acquire Luongo and his contract, it means you're serious about it.

Toronto was the most likely destination for Luongo but Florida is quickly becoming an equally as likely destination, if not more likely, based on Gillis' and Tallon's relationship and the quality of return the Canucks could get from Florida vs from Toronto.

Can we use Ballard's?

Seriously though, what bad contracts does Florida have that we would need to take back?

Edit: Maybe Upshall at $3.5 million or Kopecky at $3 mill?

Edited by babych, 26 June 2012 - 12:33 PM.

(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#161 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Can we use Ballard's?

Seriously though, what bad contracts does Florida have that we would need to take back?

Maybe Sean Bergenheim or Scottie Upshall. Tallon may even try to push Jovanovski on GIllis. There's a couple names that fit that bill.

#162 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

lots of people are acting like even if this is true Luongo is being a jerk here. He has a no trade clause! There are reasons why those are put into contracts.... If Luongo agrees to any trade that is more than he is required to do. If he even agrees to be traded to one team then that is at least better than nothing. You cant just sign a guy to a no trade clause and then get angry at him when he wont just waive it for any team.

No videos in sig please. 

#163 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Maybe Sean Bergenheim or Scottie Upshall. Tallon may even try to push Jovanovski on GIllis. There's a couple names that fit that bill.

Didn't Jovo sign his last deal beyond the 35+ rule meaning his cap hit would still count regardless of retirement? I think FLA would love to keep that one around and hope he doesn't play until 39.

#164 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Luongo never refused to waive is no-trade clause https://twitter.com/...373515643498497

Edited by canucks_qc, 26 June 2012 - 03:57 PM.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#165 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Luongo is about Luongo...his ego is as big as his 5 hole !!!

#166 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

uh yeah Rogers Arena holds 18,890 there buddy. we have plenty of population, people would not go to games here if we were as bad as the Leafs have been for the past decade.

You think the Grizzlies would have failed as badly as they did attendance-wise if they had some winning seasons?

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: You do realize the Leafs fanbase is probably 2.5 times bigger than the Canucks right?
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.