The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cain Franson and Zach Hall recieve invites to Canucks Prospect Camp

Bilbro Baggins

News1130 Sports

‏@News1130Sports

#Giants forward Cain Franson gets call from the hometown #Canucks - Franson will attend the Canucks prospects camp this week.

Stephen Sweet

@stephen_sweet

Nothing confirmed, but it sounds like Colts forward Zach Hall may have received an invite to the Vancouver Canucks rookie camp.

Cain Franson is the younger brother of Cody Franson.

Excerpt from News 1130 article.

In other news, the Canucks have invited

Vancouver Giants

centre Cain Franson to this week's team prospects camp.

The 19-year-old, whose brother Cody plays for the

Toronto Maple Leafs

, went un-drafted in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft this past weekend.

Franson tells

News1130 Sports

that he got a call from the Canucks Saturday from Pittsburgh and is excited about the opportunity to try out with the team.

Franson scored 27 goals, adding 31 assists in 70 games with the Giants this past season in the Western Hockey League.

Really? Cain went undrafted? I saw him play a few times and he was pretty good. Maybe he's got some consistency issues then.

At any rate, I'm glad he got invited. He's a center, but it seems to me he's flown under the radar a bit though.

Really? Cain went undrafted? I saw him play a few times and he was pretty good. Maybe he's got some consistency issues then.

At any rate, I'm glad he got invited. He's a center, but it seems to me he's flown under the radar a bit though.

Wouldn't mind if Andrei Makarov (yes one of Russia's WJC goaltenders) got an invite, can't believe he went undrafted even though he's both russian and not that big. Maybe invite Emil Lundberg aswell? He had a pretty good first year in the swedish 2nd league

For those who don't know anything about him:

Name:Cain Franson

Number:12

Position:Centre

Shoots/Catches:Left

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 167

Birthdate:1993-03-25

Hometown: Sicamous, BC

- He had 58 points in 70 games playing for the Giants last season; his second in The Dub.

- He had 7 points in six playoff games for the Giants in 11-12.

- He's 19, which means he's got a significant amount of time to add to his lackluster 169 ibs.

- Strong two-way player.

- Could stand to grow more as a player in the WHL to get a real sense of where his ceiling may really be.

- Clearly not a "top" prospect, but I like him.

News1130 Sports

‏@News1130Sports

#Giants forward Cain Franson gets call from the hometown #Canucks - Franson will attend the Canucks prospects camp this week.

Stephen Sweet

@stephen_sweet

Nothing confirmed, but it sounds like Colts forward Zach Hall may have received an invite to the Vancouver Canucks rookie camp.

Cain Franson is the younger brother of Cody Franson.

Archived