The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] - Peter Mueller set to become a UFA

Signing Mueller would be awesome. Despite the lack of playing he is still a good player. Honestly, the Avs mismanaged him last year, he was sarting to produce and then decided to give him less time because they wanted to be tougher on the top 2 lines. He finished the season with 16 pts in 32 games playing everywhere from the top line to the fourth line.

Would be a good player to take a long look at. Played just down the I5 at Everett and has some sick size and skills.

Career has been a total roller coast ride. I still remember him and Toews going toe to toe in the shootout at World Juniors. Thought he was going to be a star. At 24 if he could stay healthy he could be great pick up 50-60 pt player and can play all 3 forward positions.

it's a shame - the guy looked awesome as a rookie - as a 6'2" 205, center/right wing, he could be a good complement to kes / booth - the thing about him is his 2 million RFA contract - to qualify him the AVs would have had to go a little higher - perhaps that just tipped the scale for them to cut him loose....

Actually he has had some major concussion problems. After first being traded he ripped it up with the AVS but Rob Blake too him out. He missed the entire season afterwards and made a comeback this season. Very very risky, in my opinion.

2011-12 16 points in 32 games

2010-11 didn't play due to injury

2009-10 37 points in 69 games

2008-09 36 points in 72 games

He's four years removed from the 54 point rookie season in Phoenix. It is a rather thin list of UFAs this year, though.

I guess it's another summer of every UFA being penciled into hypothetical Canuck line ups...

Realistically what's the risk in signing him to a short term (1 or 2 years) at or near $1m? He is exactly the style of player the 2nd line needs and the only risk is his health, which partly is attributed to bad luck.

With the thin UFA crop and Keslers extended absence, it's worth the gamble.

Archived