The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breakdown of Luongos "Poor Play" vs LA

PlayStation

PS. Seriously??? There was NO SCREEN on this play whatsoever and he even had ample time to get set for that shot. You should be embarrassed posting that clip and then saying it's anything other than completely Luongos fault. My God. Dan Cloutier would have stopped that.

Luongo is an Elite #1 Goalie. Let's just look at other Goalies, did they BLAME Brodeur for losing to LA?? Why the constant nagging analysis of Lu? Did he say he was GOD, billed as GOD, expected to be GOD? I guess he was expected to be GOD. Leave the guy alone. This is so old . I am constantly amazed at the cruelty, and stupidity, of Humans.

*** Note

Their are always defensive breakdowns in hockey.

Its all about timing and the ability of a goalie to make the key saves that spark the team at the right time, rather than deflating it.

Unfortunately since the Chicago series (4 seasons ago) it seems Luongo's trend is to disappoint us and the team when we need him the most.. :bored:

Let me break down Luongos ”Poor Play" vs LA.

Game 1: LA’s first goal by Mike Richards. 5 on 3 PP, Canucks failed to clear the puck off the draw, but can you blame anyone who’s killing the penalty’s?

If Schneider can get us a good defensive defensemen in a deal, then I am fine with keeping Lu in net.

A few of the goals he let in were no better than the ones Luongo let in, although Schneider is a tad better on one on ones. Lu also needs to work on his game a bit in regards to all the "falling forward" he's been doing as of late, he doesn't seem to get back up quick enough.. Those belly flops need to go, Schneider used to do those and it really used to piss me off. (Until he bettered his game)

Either way, the OP is right. We do need to get better on defence and possibly a better system for our PK, those give aways in game 2 killed that series for us.

As for our top 6, we need to get rid of Raymond. He gave away a few of those goals, perhaps we should get a good large forward like Dustin Penner or maybe Brad Boyes? Boyes could regain his scoring touch on a line with a player like Kes, Penner would be a nice big body with the Sedin twins. Just a thought.

*** Note

Their are always defensive breakdowns in hockey.

Its all about timing and the ability of a goalie to make the key saves that spark the team at the right time, rather than deflating it.

Unfortunately since the Chicago series (4 seasons ago) it seems Luongo's trend is to disappoint us and the team when we need him the most.. :bored:

Oh and about the post it was never Luongo's fault, the defence played like crap, but it was ALL AV's fault for being an inexperienced coach, who was stupid enough to come out publicly and admit he wasn't prepared for the playoffs with Daniel out of the roster, that's rookie bush league coaching, horrible.

watching all those goals against over again makes me want to cry.

Lou should maybe have had that first one vs Richards on the PP (but it was 5on3).

All the other goals are complete retard moments from our skaters.

Turnovers, mistakes, soft back checking, power plays, etc. is how those other goals were scored.

Not our goalies fault.

LA just wanted it more. Just a brutal effort defensively by our team. Needed to wake up and play like LA did.

idiots &@*($!#

Archived