The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breakdown of Luongos "Poor Play" vs LA

PlayStation

Let me break down Luongos ”Poor Play" vs LA.

Game 1: LA’s first goal by Mike Richards. 5 on 3 PP, Canucks failed to clear the puck off the draw, but can you blame anyone who’s killing the penalty’s?

Game 1: LA’s second goal by Willie Mitchell. Stoll standing right in front of Luongo screening him with nobody there to knock him out of the way. Daniel Sedin slowly skating towards Stoll when its too late.

Game 1: LA’s third goal. Defence was spun around into the ice and honestly that was a sick goal that no goalie could stop.

Game 1: LA’s fourth goal. All Luongos fault, he wasn’t even in the net! What was he doing on the bench? Another bathroom break!?

Game 2: LA’s first goal. BRUTAL giveaway by Edler, I don’t know where the heck his head was on this play when he sees an LA player approaching that close. An AMAZING deke by Koptiar just tools Raymond and beats Luongo, in which Brown finishes off the loose puck. Oh and guess what? It wa a SHG!

Game2: LA’s second goal. ANOTHER SHORTHANDED GOAL. Brutal slip by Hamhuis which gave Brown a free breakaway and he potted it into the net with a nice move.

Game 2: LA’s third goal by Stoll. I can’t even tell what happens here, but Canucks need to get somebody who can take control of the crease area.

Game 2: LA’s fourth goal. Another giveaway results in a goal where the defence is just diving all over the place.

In conclusion I say the defence choked not Roberto Luongo. Our goaltending is great but our real improvements need to be made to out defence and top 6 scoring, we often come up dry when needed.

Game 1: LA’s first goal by Mike Richards. 5 on 3 PP, Canucks failed to clear the puck off the draw, but can you blame anyone who’s killing the penalty’s?

Game 1: LA’s second goal by Willie Mitchell. Stoll standing right in front of Luongo screening him with nobody there to knock him out of the way. Daniel Sedin slowly skating towards Stoll when its too late.

Game 1: LA’s third goal. Defence was spun around into the ice and honestly that was a sick goal that no goalie could stop.

Game 1: LA’s fourth goal. All Luongos fault, he wasn’t even in the net! What was he doing on the bench? Another bathroom break!?

Game 2: LA’s first goal. BRUTAL giveaway by Edler, I don’t know where the heck his head was on this play when he sees an LA player approaching that close. An AMAZING deke by Koptiar just tools Raymond and beats Luongo, in which Brown finishes off the loose puck. Oh and guess what? It wa a SHG!

Game2: LA’s second goal. ANOTHER SHORTHANDED GOAL. Brutal slip by Hamhuis which gave Brown a free breakaway and he potted it into the net with a nice move.

Game 2: LA’s third goal by Stoll. I can’t even tell what happens here, but Canucks need to get somebody who can take control of the crease area.

Game 2: LA’s fourth goal. Another giveaway results in a goal where the defence is just diving all over the place.

In conclusion I say the defence choked not Roberto Luongo. Our goaltending is great but our real improvements need to be made to out defence and top 6 scoring, we often come up dry when needed.

PS. Seriously??? There was NO SCREEN on this play whatsoever and he even had ample time to get set for that shot. You should be embarrassed posting that clip and then saying it's anything other than completely Luongos fault. My God. Dan Cloutier would have stopped that.

Archived