The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Botchford: Salo coming back for 1 more year

Tanev and Schutlz are both RH defenseman who I don't believe play the left side.

If Schultz is signed expect Tanev to maybe be moved in a Lu deal unless MG can ship Ballard out.

Should be interesting to see...I just hope this doesn't mean bad news about Schultz.

Averaging 20 minutes a game, I do NOT want Salo back.

Yes, he has had a great career and I'm glad he's a Canuck, but I am going to be thoroughly disappointed if he's Edlers partner again logging 20 minutes a game.

First Raymond, now Salo... The team needs to try some new players in these roles, not relying time and time again on the guys that haven't really added anything come playoff time (especially this past playoffs, where Salo DID start showing his age).

contenders cant rely on 38 years old defensemen playing 20+ minutes a night....it just isnt gonna happen and we saw it last season, salo couldnt play every night

there is no shame in that, he is a human being not a machine

he can still play a steady 15 mins a night with some powerplay time

Now that Rome's gone, I really hope AV utilizes Ballard more ..I honestly believe he is ready to show us what we've all been expecting, give the guy a last chance. I mean look at the playoff series against the Kings, Ballard was honestly one of our best defensemans out there ..he made the smart plays, moved the puck quickly out of the zone with a solid first pass, and carried pucks out of the zone with ease. I was really surprised and pleased with his play during that series.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Tanev/Schultz

Guest Dasein

contenders cant rely on 38 years old defensemen playing 20+ minutes a night....it just isnt gonna happen and we saw it last season, salo couldnt play every night

there is no shame in that, he is a human being not a machine

he can still play a steady 15 mins a night with some powerplay time

If he signs for about 2 mill this would give us a great option for the 3rd pairing.If we do manage to get Schultz or Gararison, we can use Salo sparingly and save him for the end of the season when injuries undoubtedly creep up.I think Ballard will be better but it would be nice to see some more size on the back end if we do bring in Schultz.

Archived