The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Botchford: Salo coming back for 1 more year

Averaging 20 minutes a game, I do NOT want Salo back.

Yes, he has had a great career and I'm glad he's a Canuck, but I am going to be thoroughly disappointed if he's Edlers partner again logging 20 minutes a game.

First Raymond, now Salo... The team needs to try some new players in these roles, not relying time and time again on the guys that haven't really added anything come playoff time (especially this past playoffs, where Salo DID start showing his age).

It is free agent frenzy and almost every UFA gets overpaid. If Garrison had been UFA last year, he wouldn't have even been mentioned on CDC. The guy scores 16 goals and everyone wants him on the team. Prior to this past season, he never showed any signs of being a goal scoring defenceman.

To everyone who doesn't want Salo back: Are you guys stupid?

If we can get him at 2 million he would be a great 3rd pairing d-man. He's been one of our most steady defenseman for his whole career here and he played well again last year. You can always count on Salo to play a good defensive game.

Hopefully we still can get Garrison and Schultz, and then I guess Ballard will be gone even though I think he could be better next year.

Hopefully we see something like this:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Schultz - Salo

Tanev

Averaging 20 minutes a game, I do NOT want Salo back.

Yes, he has had a great career and I'm glad he's a Canuck, but I am going to be thoroughly disappointed if he's Edlers partner again logging 20 minutes a game.

First Raymond, now Salo... The team needs to try some new players in these roles, not relying time and time again on the guys that haven't really added anything come playoff time (especially this past playoffs, where Salo DID start showing his age).

Hopefully we still can get Garrison and Schultz, and then I guess Ballard will be gone even though I think he could be better next year.

Hopefully we see something like this:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Schultz - Salo

Tanev

I don't like the fact that our defensemen have offensive awareness over defensive awareness...

Bieksa - half the time, we're not sure what's up with him

Salo - though known for his slapshot, he's shown a bit of defensive awareness

Edler - loves to jump up into the play and not get back in time

Tanev - probably our most consistent defenseman, behind Hamhuis

Hamhuis - not a bad word to say about him

*Schultz - not 100% sure, but he looks like an offensive machine to me.

*Garrison - how many goals has this kid scored this season? reminds me of Ballard

*Ballard - bust, was known for his offensive ability

Flame me if I'm incorrect.

Cool. But the guy kinda showed us last season that he can't play a full season. I wish he could play a full season instead of around half a season, but on the other hand a half season this season could very well be a full season. Y'know what i mean? I mean lockout. That's what i mean. Yeah.

TOML

Archived