The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks/blackhawks first meeting

bert2002

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=VAN

So I hope Juice has already marked Thursday November 15th on his Calendar. Not sure if people still have hard copy calendars anymore.

I hope Bieksa fights him inthe first 5 minutes of the game. Although Kieth is "public enemy #1", he is a Canadian hockey player, and unless I am wrong he will answer the call. It may not be "juice" (because he'd kill Duncan Kieth).

My goodness but so much violence in this thread. The best revenge is to win the game. If there's an opportunity to get a hit on Keith, great, but to set out to deliberately injure a player is not the right response. Or don't the "Kill Keith" crowd remember Bertuzzi? That incident is still tied up in the court system and it will cost Bert a lot of money. No doubt Kieth's headshot on Daniel was probably worth more than Torres got for a hockey hit on Hossa, but if you aske DAnile, he'd probably say he'd love to score a hat trick against Chicago.

My goodness but so much violence in this thread. The best revenge is to win the game. If there's an opportunity to get a hit on Keith, great, but to set out to deliberately injure a player is not the right response. Or don't the "Kill Keith" crowd remember Bertuzzi? That incident is still tied up in the court system and it will cost Bert a lot of money. No doubt Kieth's headshot on Daniel was probably worth more than Torres got for a hockey hit on Hossa, but if you aske DAnile, he'd probably say he'd love to score a hat trick against Chicago.

Last season is gone....let it go.

The last thing that you want is suspensions for the coach ordering someone to retaliate. In a nutshell, the team has to start be the ones doing the facewashing and hitting. It doesn't have to be dirty but intimidation is part of the game and something that the Canucks are not very good at. They have the yapping part down pat but have to back it up.

As far as Kassian, I would hope that we give the young man a chance to grow as a hockey player instead of a headhunter. He has to be on the ice to stick up for his linemates and that isn't going to work if he is on the 4th line. He needs at least 3rd line minutes to get better as a hockey player and use his size to intimidate.

The last thing that I want to see this coming season is the coaching staff holding the players back and preaching the turn the other cheek stuff.....let the players play with emotion and get into the game.

http://www.nhl.com/i...on.htm?team=VAN

So I hope Juice has already marked Thursday November 15th on his Calendar. Not sure if people still have hard copy calendars anymore.

I hope Bieksa fights him inthe first 5 minutes of the game. Although Kieth is "public enemy #1", he is a Canadian hockey player, and unless I am wrong he will answer the call. It may not be "juice" (because he'd kill Duncan Kieth).

true...take one of ours we take 3 of yours, MG needs to sign some serious goons.

They need to launch a new era where messing with any of our skilled players gets you a savage beat down. teeth missing nose broken maybe jaw too....

This franchise was built by guys like Tiger Williams and Gino Odjick, go back to the roots and bring in some savages for chrrisssakes.

Forget the physical retaliation.. look at the leaders of this team... the Sedins.... November 15th - Van 8 - Chicago 0...humiliate them where it counts.. especially if Luongo is in between the pipes.. and either way playing for the Hawks or Canucks. And whenever DK touches the puck.. boo him out of the arena.. and let Juice give him his look of disdain like 'there's dog crape on my skate'. Despite where the league goes with the big 200+ lb goon squads; blocking 50 billion shots per game; 25 billion hits(that's become a WWE stat IMHO) let the Canucks keep the games offensive with good plays. Don't care where they finish or how early they get ousted from the play-offs... that's hockey!!!!!

Forget the physical retaliation.. look at the leaders of this team... the Sedins.... November 15th - Van 8 - Chicago 0...humiliate them where it counts.. especially if Luongo is in between the pipes.. and either way playing for the Hawks or Canucks. And whenever DK touches the puck.. boo him out of the arena.. and let Juice give him his look of disdain like 'there's dog crape on my skate'. Despite where the league goes with the big 200+ lb goon squads; blocking 50 billion shots per game; 25 billion hits(that's become a WWE stat IMHO) let the Canucks keep the games offensive with good plays. Don't care where they finish or how early they get ousted from the play-offs... that's hockey!!!!!

I wanna see our Captain do something about it, The sedins need to stand up for themselves and the team more often.

Besides the goalie concerns, I'm very interested to see how the Canucks respond in their first game againts the Blackhawks. Daniel was put out with a delibrite elbow to the head, and the response at the time was minimal. I mean, DK played the rest of the game and didnt even have to fight. This is not a "get an enforcer" thread, because this response needs to come from the whole team. Sometimes sending a message and standing up for your teammates is more important than two points, especially when you all but have the northwest division and at least 2nd in the conference locked down. I'm also not saying losing Daniel lost the Canucks the series, but lt did not help their chances. That was a chance for the Canucks to light a fire in the dressing room before playoffs and take a stand againts the crap they have taken from the Blackhawks. Toews says he has no respect for them a year ago, Bolland regurgitates Sedin sister comments, and then that head shot? Come on, enough is enough. I hope in their next meeting from the Canucks coaching staff down (thats where it needs to start), there is a response that says were mad and were not going take it anymore.

If Kassian is in the lineup he will step up and wither play physical or drop the gloves. This kid was still a rookie last year and you can tell he is somewhat feared. When Daniel got injured and a scrum ensued last year Kassian had a fistful of Seabrook and you could tell Seabrook wanted nothing to do with him.

Archived