The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chances the "Russian Rocket" gets selected this year into the HHOF = 100%

Zach Morris

Wow...Congratulations Bure!! Finally!! By far the most exciting player ever. I should frame my Bure jersey.

Is he the first Canuck to make it to the HHOF? Canucks organization should do him right and honor him. He was and had been outstanding for this team, and always gave it his all until the end.

If you're so upset about it (as your twitter comments and your comments here seem to indicate), why aren't you sending off emails fast and furiously to the Canucks org instead of trying to stir up people here who are just enjoying and celebrating the fact that Pavel Bure has been elected to the HHOF?

Perhaps your time would be better spent organizing the ticker tape parade down Robson and petitioning the Mayor's Office to set aside one day a year as Pavel Bure Day than trying to stir up crap in a thread of celebration for The Russian Rocket?

Pavel is now in his rightful place.

Fitting that he has not been honored in Vancouver,isn't it?

Our only true HHOF inductee and the Canucks organization have been classless.

Kind of warms your heart to see Pavel stick it right up their noses.Corporate twits.

I visited the Vancouver Canucks website and searched for Pavel in the 'All Time Players' category.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8455738

On this page of the Vancouver's HHOF inductee the Canucks org cannot even put up a photo of his face.

One can find photos of obscure Vancouver Canucks that played for the team,as in the case of Kris Beech,whom played four games for the Canucks.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8467880

I am left to wonder why this organization thinks they are more special than the superstars that built their franchise and paid their salaries?

The disrespect this franchise has shown Pavel is so grossly evident from these,the smallest of indications.

I guess fat cat corporate types think karma is not applicable to their fat rear ends but then again,it is now going on 43 years.

Note to front office: Honor your most beloved veterans over your pathetic interests.

Well deserved. Pavel was a cut above the rest, and could excite the crowd on his own not seen since the days of Lafluer and Orr.

One of the best of all time. Thanks to Pat Quinn for drafting him. Too bad Burke is weak on airport eticate though. If I was drafted by a Russian team and no-one was there to greet me for 10 days I'd never want to play for or respect them either.

Full marks to Pavel for sticking it out here for as long as he did! Canuck fans will always love you!

Archived