The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chances the "Russian Rocket" gets selected this year into the HHOF = 100%

Zach Morris

How about Forsberg? Does anyone ever think he will make the HHOF when he time comes.  Like Bure his career was short due to injuries.  Not as many goals but in about the same amount of games had over 100 more points.  2 stanley cups, a hart, calder, and art ross winner.

I grew up in the '90s in an isolated area of Northern BC. No cable was available. I was limited to standing by my Dad's old radio playing with the antena to get CKNW AM 980 broadcasts. Not easy to have that kind of patience when you're 8 or 9 years old, but Pavel Bure made it all worthwhile.

My ex used to do that...stand by the radio and listen to the games. Fact of the matter is...Canucks games weren't televised all that much back then believe it or not. Maybe not considered one of the the more premium teams/games or the eastern teams were favored more it seemed, and all the hockey games simply weren't televised. It was selective. So different now. The viewership Canucks attracts. The multiple mediums available to catch all the games. Too bad you couldn't catch Bure on tv or live...it's something else. One helluva exciting player to watch...none other since. He gets people to get off their chair whenever he touches the puck. The guy is in a league of his own...like Gretzky's league and Lemieux. HHOF players should do exhibition games...can't imagine how much those tix would cost and the viewership. We all always long to see those guys on the ice and see them play again.

Archived