The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chances the "Russian Rocket" gets selected this year into the HHOF = 100%

Zach Morris

People if the Canucks org had half a brain they would know his number MUST be retired.

He is now offically a hall of famer and the first one for the Canucks. Its a no brainer, number 10 gets in the rafters ASAP

Congratulations Pavel, you deserve this. I watched you growing up and watched you bring us Vancouver Canucks Fans to the edge of our seats night in night out.

Shame on the organization for not retiring his number. He deserves to be in the rafters of Rogers Arena.

I agree Bure deserves to have his number retired, Problem is we already have 3 retired numbers and two more likely coming (22 and 33). For a team that hasn't won a Cup 6 retired numbers seems a bit much.IMO Naslunds number should never have been retired but its too late for that. Bure should just join the Ring of Honor.

I agree Bure deserves to have his number retired, Problem is we already have 3 retired numbers and two more likely coming (22 and 33). For a team that hasn't won a Cup 6 retired numbers seems a bit much.IMO Naslunds number should never have been retired but its too late for that. Bure should just join the Ring of Honor.

It's just you. You need to educate yourself on what actually happened with Bure. Wetcoaster has a post around here somewhere that explains it all. Bure has been vilified needlessly and endlessly by people who haven't bothered to find out what all went on during his time here in Vancouver and his subsequent departure from the team. Bure was/is NOT the villain in this Vancouver Canucks story, believe me.

Congratulations, Pavel Bure! You deserve this, you've earned this!

Congrats to all inductees, especially Pavel and Burnaby Joe

Very unfortunate that Burns is once again exluded. And for me personally, I'm also upset with no women's hockey players being inducted for the 2nd year in a row. They inducted Cammi Granato and Angela James in that inaugural year, but after that there have been no women for 2 straight years. It makes it look like the committee is regretting their decision to allow women into the Hall.

The Hall is a celebration of the sport of hockey and all those who shaped it into what it is today. For me (and a lot of other young girls and women) it wasn't Sundin or Oates or Messier or Gretzky who inspired us. It was Campbell, St.Louis, Ruggiero, Heaney, etc.

But all those who were inducted today were well deserving of the honour so congrats to them all

Archived