The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chances the "Russian Rocket" gets selected this year into the HHOF = 100%

Zach Morris

Regarding Wetcoaster's posts, what they don't take into account is that Quinn, Griffiths, his old agent Salcer and his own dad and slavedriver Vlad were all gone and out of the way by the time he bolted out of Vancouver. It may be argued that Burke being brought back into the scene was the final nail, but things didn't go bad till after Burke left for his VP job, and he didn't mind playing for him before then.

What's more, his agent should have done more to protect him from management's hardball and predatory negotiating tactics. I remember him firing both his agent and his dad on the same day, around the time he started asking for a trade. Could it be that Quinn, Griffiths, Salcer and Vlad were working in concert together in screwing Pavel? Sounds like something that could have been taken care of by smacking Vlad the Dad right back and taking charge of his own life.

I also wonder, based on some rumours, if problems with ex-girlfriends, stalkers and the like also contributed to his wanting out of Vancouver.

In any case, it seems to me like all parties are to blame. Wetty's posts seem rather partial to Pavel's side of the story, since he probably was a big fan of his and read his book thoroughly from start to finish, but I'm sure they all have their stories, and the truth is probably somewhere inbetween.

Edit: Meant Griffiths, not Burke in the second paragraph. Corrected.

Congrats to Pavel. Sakic was a lock. I dont know if Sundin was HOF worthy but he probably would have gotten in sooner or later. Congrats to Oates, a very underrated players of all time and one of the best playmakers ever.

Regarding Wetcoaster's posts, what they don't take into account is that Quinn, Griffiths, his old agent Salcer and his own dad and slavedriver Vlad were all gone and out of the way by the time he bolted out of Vancouver. It may be argued that Burke being brought back into the scene was the final nail, but things didn't go bad till after Burke left for his VP job, and he didn't mind playing for him before then.

What's more, his agent should have done more to protect him from management's hardball and predatory negotiating tactics. I remember him firing both his agent and his dad on the same day, around the time he started asking for a trade. Could it be that Quinn, Burke, Salcer and Vlad were working in concert together in screwing Pavel? Sounds like something that could have been taken care of by smacking Vlad the Dad right back and taking charge of his own life.

I also wonder, based on some rumours, if problems with ex-girlfriends, stalkers and the like also contributed to his wanting out of Vancouver.

In any case, it seems to me like all parties are to blame. Wetty's posts seem rather partial to Pavel's side of the story, since he probably was a big fan of his and read his book thoroughly from start to finish, but I'm sure they all have their stories, and the truth is probably somewhere inbetween.

Congrats to all inductees, especially Pavel and Burnaby Joe

Very unfortunate that Burns is once again exluded. And for me personally, I'm also upset with no women's hockey players being inducted for the 2nd year in a row. They inducted Cammi Granato and Angela James in that inaugural year, but after that there have been no women for 2 straight years. It makes it look like the committee is regretting their decision to allow women into the Hall.

The Hall is a celebration of the sport of hockey and all those who shaped it into what it is today. For me (and a lot of other young girls and women) it wasn't Sundin or Oates or Messier or Gretzky who inspired us. It was Campbell, St.Louis, Ruggiero, Heaney, etc.

But all those who were inducted today were well deserving of the honour so congrats to them all

Archived