The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks inquired about Jordan Staal

That deal for us doesn't make a lot of sense. Even though I'm not a fan of Kesler at all, I don't see how that trade makes us better. I can't say it makes us worse either. To do a trade however you need to improve your team and I think this trade would of been a wash.

Staal is 2" taller. 3 years younger and had almost the same stats in hits, points, and plus/minus as Kes this year.

What Staal has in his favour. This was as a 3rd liner as compared to second. Staal was one of the best players in Pittsburgh's playoff run. Staal is also more disciplined than Kesler.

Sorry Kes, I would have done that trade. In fact I would have traded Booth, Kesler, Higgins and Raymond for Neal and Staal and Despres.

Staal is 2" taller. 3 years younger and had almost the same stats in hits, points, and plus/minus as Kes this year.

What Staal has in his favour. This was as a 3rd liner as compared to second. Staal was one of the best players in Pittsburgh's playoff run. Staal is also more disciplined than Kesler.

Sorry Kes, I would have done that trade. In fact I would have traded Booth, Kesler, Higgins and Raymond for Neal and Staal and Despres.

Let's be honest here people...

They're nearly identical players. I'd rather have Kesler because he hits more and blocks more shots. He's a slightly better defensive player and a better skater.

Staal hasn't scored more than 28 goals (he would've had he been healthy last year) but he's likely facing bottom pairing defensive units because of the presence of Sid and Geno.

In no way, shape, or form would a Kesler for Staal swap make us better and as already mentioned his apparent commitment to Carolina only would've made the trade completely idiotic.

End of argument. Period.

staal > kesler...if it was kesler straight up for staal we should've done it. But if Staal was going to not sign after the trade happened and leaves the canucks next year, then it would've been a stupid trade. But I'm sure Staal would've signed. He only said he wouldn't sign any contracts because he didn't want to resign with the Pens. If he had gotten traded to the canucks or any other team where he can play 1st or 2nd line center, he would sign after the trade I'm sure.

Guest Dasein

Again...get a clue is a personal attack?!! Wow! Whatever you say...

I said they're nearly identical players so how does it make the Canucks better?! I also said its am idiotic trade considering it was obvious Staal wanted to play in Carolina.

Tell me what's untrue about any of that. Please.

Archived