The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler hidden piece? 'blockbuster' rumor circulating?

Blood Fiend

I would not be surprised to see Nashville interested such a deal, if Nashville doesn't beleive he will sign there and he'd sign in Van anyways in a year (why not get a stud d like Edler vs. nothing).

Which make all the more sense for MG not to trade Eddy, you get Weber anyways for no players

So me thinks Eddy is staying

Absolutely. It's not like Gillis will hang up the phone when GM's call about Edler. That said, there are very few scenarios in which moving Edler would make the team better. He's a total package type defenseman that EVERY team covets. It's funny because he's exactly what a lot of Canucks fans are desperate to have on the team. Problem is, they don't realize the team already has it in Edler.

Anaheim fans hate Getzlaf, they want him gone because since he signed the big deal, he's as lazy as they come. No thanks. Nash won't be coming bec he upsets our salary structure and while I like Ryan, giving up Edler and getting Ryan just shifts the hole from upfront to the back. If we sign Garrison and this High Maintenance Kid from Wisconson (and assuming he can play) it would work but thats a lot of ifs trading away your only all star dman from last year...

I'd have to disagree, Getzlaf had one bad year, besides that he's put up more than a point a game ever since signing his deal. Getzlaf doesn't have a whole lot if motivation playing for a team that never tries to improve. A change of scenery would be great for Getzlaf and you all know Ryan is on the block. This deal could actually work and if Garrison and Schultz sign, this deal would actually make us a much better team.

It would also pave the way for the future and would possibly open up Weber and Perry both signing here next summer.

Archived