The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler hidden piece? 'blockbuster' rumor circulating?

Blood Fiend

With the players that Mike Gillis hasn't qualified, along with all the rumors of blockbuster trades, Im curious if Edler is a piece of the puzzle, underestimated by most of us.

Theres not a whole lot of what most fans would consider 'moveable' assets in the canucks organization.

The rumors of Schultz and Garrison comming, or wanting to come to Van, along with the UFA's on the market. some times 1+1 = 2, and some times 2x - 8 = 2.

Maybe grasping at straws, but too many of the rumors seem way to obvious.

Edler's my favourite Canuck, but he was terrible in the playoffs. I don't know if that means we trade him though - there's no one to step up and replace him offensively. We were able to stomach the loss of Ehrhoff because we still had Edler, do we really want to trade him away too? for the right package I suppose... but given how our PP tanked towards the end of last season, I don't see why we'd want to weaken it further.

Edler's value is still high enough to be worked into a major trade.

Realistically Edler should be used to get Shea Weber.

Combined with another roster player (or two) and some suitable draft picks, Edler would be a decent replacement for Weber. Similar size, age, points. Mind you Weber is a much more imposing figure.

Edler's value is still high enough to be worked into a major trade.

Realistically Edler should be used to get Shea Weber.

Combined with another roster player (or two) and some suitable draft picks, Edler would be a decent replacement for Weber. Similar size, age, points. Mind you Weber is a much more imposing figure.

Archived