The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider. What offer is too much to match?

nitti999

The one person who is a great position in all this is Cory. I think he will become a very rich man on Jul 1st. As people mentioned, if there wasn't this fiasco going on, he'd be worth $3 mill for 3-4 years to prove himself. That is a helluva raise and very fair. BUT since MG is in this pickle and he might have to match offers up to $4-4.5 mill. If anyone offers more than that, take the picks and keep Lui.

The one person who is a great position in all this is Cory. I think he will become a very rich man on Jul 1st. As people mentioned, if there wasn't this fiasco going on, he'd be worth $3 mill for 3-4 years to prove himself. That is a helluva raise and very fair. BUT since MG is in this pickle and he might have to match offers up to $4-4.5 mill. If anyone offers more than that, take the picks and keep Lui.

Tell me you're kidding. 'In the past few years'? Let's see... Vezina runner-up, Jennings award, Olympic gold medal, 2 President's trophies, reached game 7 of cup finals... Yeah, disappointing playoff results, but did you expect him to score goals too? He's worth every penny, I'd say.

And let's face it... the 'ridiculous length of the contract' was a gimmick and loophole to lower his cap hit, which allowed the team to pay for another impact player. It's highly unlikely that Lu will play to the end of his contract.

At this point our former #1 goalie has been ostracized. There is no letting anyone walk, we now need Cory. We pay what we pay, he's young he's a winner, and like it or not folks he is the face of goaltending in Vancity for awhile.

I think MG needs to commit to Schneider being our #1 goalie regardless of the Luongo situation. That's what he wants and he has earned it. If MG does this, Schneider signs with Vancouver and the issue, as far as starter is concerned, is resolved. Lou can keep the bench warm, stay at home or enjoy life in the AHL or whatever. This would eliminate any other team tendering offersheets and maintaining control of our own destiny. I don't even want to think of him becoming a RFA.

I think MG needs to commit to Schneider being our #1 goalie regardless of the Luongo situation. That's what he wants and he has earned it. If MG does this, Schneider signs with Vancouver and the issue, as far as starter is concerned, is resolved. Lou can keep the bench warm, stay at home or enjoy life in the AHL or whatever. This would eliminate any other team tendering offersheets and maintaining control of our own destiny. I don't even want to think of him becoming a RFA.

Archived