The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider. What offer is too much to match?

nitti999

why not 5million? In my example below he is getting just shy of 4million and we have 4.3m left over. That is with keeping both him and Lu, lol....keeping both is not the end of the world, in fact, look at the full roster I have there, what really is messed up about that? Nothing These guys won the presidents trophy twice in a row and went to the Stanley Cup Final...lets keep the good times rolling, with a Kassian and Jensen infusion...Schroeder is there while they cover off Kesler to start the season.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Mason Raymond ($2.400m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Sami Salo ($2.000m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($3.945m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,942,500; BONUSES: $125,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $4,357,500

Agreed it should be. What scares me about him signing a 2 year contract, that he becomes UFA at the end and will could/likely sign for another team.

Every else please take off your rose colored glasses and stop thinking he deserves all the money in the world.

We are less then a week till July 1st, and he has not signed. Please stop thinking its automatic that he signs with us. With or without Luo here he should have signed already. This is about money.

If Schneider does sign an offer sheet with another team that just shows he could care less about being here. He has the potential to be a great goalie, but he has not 100% proved it.

Agreed it should be. What scares me about him signing a 2 year contract, that he becomes UFA at the end and will could/likely sign for another team.

Every else please take off your rose colored glasses and stop thinking he deserves all the money in the world.

We are less then a week till July 1st, and he has not signed. Please stop thinking its automatic that he signs with us. With or without Luo here he should have signed already. This is about money.

If Schneider does sign an offer sheet with another team that just shows he could care less about being here. He has the potential to be a great goalie, but he has not 100% proved it.

There is no good reason for Schneider to have signed here yet. He wants to be a #1 and that won't happen with Lu here. He is playing this like a true professional, contrary to what some people think a profession should act like.

Agreed, however according to everyone the starting position is his. Lu here or not if he is as good as everyone says there would be no doubt the job is his. I think for pros it makes no differents if the old starter is sitting on the bench and with how strong mentally everyone says he is, it would not affect him.

Agreed, however according to everyone the starting position is his. Lu here or not if he is as good as everyone says there would be no doubt the job is his. I think for pros it makes no differents if the old starter is sitting on the bench and with how strong mentally everyone says he is, it would not affect him.

Well my feeling on this with the way things are going is that we will have both Lu and Schneider on this team next year....maybe not for the entire year but i think that they will both be there come opening night.

Just don't see MG getting what he wants for Lu's large contract going the other way.

With that being said we will be somewhere close to the cap ceiling and no new D or forwards coming our way. Might be a few new additions but mostly 3rd or 4th line and bottom end D. Starting to see this as the reality it is.

Do me a favour. Watch some of his Schneiders interviews in which he's dicussing the goalie situation in Vancouver. At any opportunity he likes to comment about how highly he thinks of Luongo and how he considers Luongo the starter while he's a Canuck. Melodramatic? I'm just pointing out the truth.

It's not about his mental strength. It's about his deep and profound respect for Luongo. No matter how confident he is in his own abilities, while Luongo is a Canuck he considers him the starting goaltender.

Of course, I'm also basing my opinion on the fact that I do not believe Gillis will say to Schneider that he's the starter while Luongo is still in the fold. If Gillis actually had this kind of dialogue with Schneider, then of course I believe Schneider would accept. That's the key, though. Has Schneider been officially given the starter's role? He took over for Luongo in the playoffs to help steer the team in the right direction and it still didn't work. Yet, everyone assumes that was the changing of the guard. Not that simple.

Archived