Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Should Bure's #10 be retired/be in the Ring of Honour?

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

Poll: #10 Retired or Ring of Honour? (293 member(s) have cast votes)

#10 Retired or Ring of Honour?

1. #10 Retired (169 votes [57.68%])

Percentage of vote: 57.68%

2. Ring of Honour (106 votes [36.18%])

Percentage of vote: 36.18%

3. Neither (18 votes [6.14%])

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ChrisCo!

ChrisCo!

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

Now that Bure has been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, do you think his number should be retired, put into the Ring of Honour, or neither?
Canucks record when I'm in attendance: 6-0-1

Canucks Fantasy Pool Overall Average Rank: 31st

#2 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

POPULAR

Ring of honor not retired.

#3 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Should be retired imo but it won't cause the Canucks think they're cool like that... <_< :sadno: :picard:

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#4 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

POPULAR

Canuck drafted. Most exciting player in Canucks uniform. Best raw talent player in Canucks history. Goes on for multiple scoring titles. Possible Hall of Famer? Yeah... Put #10 up there. If he's good enough for the game of hockey in general to honour, our lowly franchise should, too...

I didn't think this until recently, though, so I'm not a Bure fanboy or anything.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#5 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,704 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

Ring of Honour, but not retired

I don't think Bure deserves to be with true Canucks like Linden or Smyl.
Hell, I don't think Naslund should even be up there.

#6 CrazyAL

CrazyAL

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

POPULAR

Best player to ever play for the Canucks ever and still no retired number pretty sad but awesome to see him HHOF finally!

#7 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,442 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Should be in the ROH but he won't be. And I don't think #10 should be retired.

Pavel Bure will always be remembered as a Canuck but I just don't think the team is interested in any sort of association with him at all. Minutes after the HHOF inductions were announced, the Florida Panthers send out a series of congratulatory tweets to Pavel:

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers

Congratulations to former #FlaPanthers player Pavel Bure, for being voted into the Hockey Hall of Fame today! #HHOF #NHL

Did you know? Bure still holds #FlaPanthers franchise records, including single-season tallies for most goals (59) and points (94).

The Russian Rocket. #HHOF http://say.ly/SgW3D2U

Did you know? Bure won the Rocket Richard trophy with #FlaPanthers in 2000 & 2001 as the #NHL's top goal scorer. #HHOF

A look into the Den of Honor Vault for Bure's reaction to playing with #FlaPanthers and winning the Rocket Richard: http://t.co/v0DhPBLQ

No comment yet from the Canucks
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#8 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,704 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Canuck drafted. Most exciting player in Canucks uniform. Best raw talent player in Canucks history. Goes on for multiple scoring titles. Possible Hall of Famer? Yeah... Put #10 up there. If he's good enough for the game of hockey in general to honour, our lowly franchise should, too...

I didn't think this until recently, though, so I'm not a Bure fanboy or anything.

Lowly franchise?

There are something like 260-270 inductees in the Hall of Fame. Just because they are in there, doesn't mean that their numbers should be retired...

#9 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

POPULAR

Retire it.
Considering how good he was, and how poorly we treated him, the guy deserves it.
Posted Image

#10 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,945 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

As much as I would like to see his jersey retired. Ring of Honour makes more sense.

307mg00.jpg

#11 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

No reason to retire his number (except fandom, and you can make a case for nearly any player based off that)

Ring of honour? sure.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#12 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,658 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

POPULAR

Hall of famer as a Canuck. He very well should have his jersey retired here. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#13 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Without a doubt ring of honour.... but not retired becuase in NHL 12 be a pro i wear number 10 for the canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#14 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,658 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'm prepared to let Bure's sour departure here go if he is. All teams around the league are doing similar things... Let's bury the hatchet.

My view on the upcoming season is starting to get rosier by the day. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#15 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

POPULAR

Retired. One of the most exciting players to step into the 'Nucks uniform. Could bring an entire stadium to their feet.

#16 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,448 posts

Ring of Honour, but not retired

I don't think Bure deserves to be with true Canucks like Linden or Smyl.
Hell, I don't think Naslund should even be up there.

agreedFor a relatively youngish fanchise with no Stanley Cup 4 retired numbers is a bit much, plus what will we do with the Sedins if they keep playing at a high level and bring us a cup? 6 retired numbers would be just insane.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#17 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

POPULAR

This is a no brainer. Ring of Honour is a slap in the face for Bure. ANOTHER slap in the face to Pavel. You cannot put him in the ROH. It is rafters or nothing.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#18 mangosteens

mangosteens

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

retire #96.
That was the last number he wore here.

#19 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

As far as I can tell, no other Canuck in the HHOF has close to the number of seasons Bure was with us, or stats that Bure put up. He was the most exciting player to watch.

He deserved to be treated better when he was here. It's time to make amends, do the right thing, and honour him properly. Plus, the fans would love to see him back in the building. I'm sure he would get a very warm welcome.

#20 i love semin

i love semin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Bure is essentially the first Canuck in the Hall of Fame, in that he's the only player in the Hall whose exploits with the Canucks make up the majority of his Hall of Fame case. No one in the Hall had spent their prime in Vancouver until now. That's a pretty big deal, so I think you could make a serious case that it should be retired.

#21 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

I don't give a crap about retired numbers anymore after the Naslund retirement. IMO the ring of honour killed the retired numbers significance. Having both is silly. Why have different levels of "honour"?

Bure's going to the HHOF. The freakin' HHOF. And the Canucks mgmt have to think about if he belongs in their ring of honour? :picard:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#22 Hank33

Hank33

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

He's the first player being inducted as a Canuck. You'd think we would retire his number.

#23 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Maybe they should retire 96 instead of 10?

He's the first player being inducted as a Canuck. You'd think we would retire his number.

Which one? 10 or 96
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#24 Canuckaidian

Canuckaidian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

He only played 428 games as a Canuck but got 478 points. He has 1.12 points per game average that’s higher then anyone in the top ten for points as a Canuck. 7th all time in points out of Canuck players, 5th all time in goals with 254 0.59 goals per game average highest in the top 10, 9 hat tricks one away from being tied with Tanti and Naslund, 4th in game winning goals 1 behind Linden for 3rd, 7th in power-play goals, 1st in short-handed goals, 10th in over-time goals, 2nd most points in the playoffs he had 66 in 60 games for a 1.10 points per game average again the highest in the top 10 of Canucks, tied for 1st in goals in the playoffs with Trevor Linden at 34 Trevor has 58 more games in the playoffs, 0.56 goals per game average in the playoffs the highest in the top 10, 6th in assists in the playoffs, 0.53 assists per game tied with Geoff Courtnall for 2nd best assists per game average by a Canuck in the playoffs, 9th in playoff games played by a Canuck, 2nd in playoff hat tricks by a Canuck, 6th in game-winning playoff goals, 10th in playoff power-play goals, 2nd in playoff short-handed goals, 5th in playoff over-time goals, most goals in a season by a Canuck 60 he did it twice, most points by a rookie he didn’t play a full season, won the Calder trophy as a Canuck, most goals and points in a playoff run with 16 goals and 31 points also a Russian record until Malkin beat it, he was an all star, and he won numerous Vancouver Canucks team awards

#25 vancouvercanucks#1

vancouvercanucks#1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Lowly franchise?

There are something like 260-270 inductees in the Hall of Fame. Just because they are in there, doesn't mean that their numbers should be retired...

How many Canucks are in there?

...Thought so.

i am so sick of don cherry. get him the hell off ...hes way past his expiry date. I'm trying to watch hockey I don't want some senile blowhard talking about respecting baby jesus's birthday and not taking the lord's name in vain.

#26 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Wow. I remember the time when Bure wasn not in the HHOF. People here were iffy about the retired number. Now, everyone wants Bure's number to be up in the rafters?

I'm not too sure. But Bure should have been in the ROH 2 seasons ago!

Posted Image

#27 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

POPULAR

I believe Bure is more deserving than Naslund.

#28 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

ROH for sure, retired mmm maybe not. just the way his time here ended. based on just hockey retired but the canucks look at more than that.

#29 Canuckaidian

Canuckaidian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

People shouldn't base it so much on the community who is the most talented player in all of the Vancouver Canucks history.

#30 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Should be in the ROH but he won't be. And I don't think #10 should be retired.

Pavel Bure will always be remembered as a Canuck but I just don't think the team is interested in any sort of association with him at all. Minutes after the HHOF inductions were announced, the Florida Panthers send out a series of congratulatory tweets to Pavel:

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers

No comment yet from the Canucks

wow
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.