The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Bure's #10 be retired/be in the Ring of Honour?

ChrisCo!

#10 Retired or Ring of Honour?   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Canuck drafted. Most exciting player in Canucks uniform. Best raw talent player in Canucks history. Goes on for multiple scoring titles. Possible Hall of Famer? Yeah... Put #10 up there. If he's good enough for the game of hockey in general to honour, our lowly franchise should, too...

I didn't think this until recently, though, so I'm not a Bure fanboy or anything.

Should be in the ROH but he won't be. And I don't think #10 should be retired.

Pavel Bure will always be remembered as a Canuck but I just don't think the team is interested in any sort of association with him at all. Minutes after the HHOF inductions were announced, the Florida Panthers send out a series of congratulatory tweets to Pavel:

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers

Congratulations to former #FlaPanthers player Pavel Bure, for being voted into the Hockey Hall of Fame today! #HHOF #NHL

Did you know? Bure still holds #FlaPanthers franchise records, including single-season tallies for most goals (59) and points (94).

The Russian Rocket. #HHOF http://say.ly/SgW3D2U

Did you know? Bure won the Rocket Richard trophy with #FlaPanthers in 2000 & 2001 as the #NHL's top goal scorer. #HHOF

A look into the Den of Honor Vault for Bure's reaction to playing with #FlaPanthers and winning the Rocket Richard: http://t.co/v0DhPBLQ

No comment yet from the Canucks

Canuck drafted. Most exciting player in Canucks uniform. Best raw talent player in Canucks history. Goes on for multiple scoring titles. Possible Hall of Famer? Yeah... Put #10 up there. If he's good enough for the game of hockey in general to honour, our lowly franchise should, too...

I didn't think this until recently, though, so I'm not a Bure fanboy or anything.

As far as I can tell, no other Canuck in the HHOF has close to the number of seasons Bure was with us, or stats that Bure put up. He was the most exciting player to watch.

He deserved to be treated better when he was here. It's time to make amends, do the right thing, and honour him properly. Plus, the fans would love to see him back in the building. I'm sure he would get a very warm welcome.

Bure is essentially the first Canuck in the Hall of Fame, in that he's the only player in the Hall whose exploits with the Canucks make up the majority of his Hall of Fame case. No one in the Hall had spent their prime in Vancouver until now. That's a pretty big deal, so I think you could make a serious case that it should be retired.

Archived