The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Bure's #10 be retired/be in the Ring of Honour?

ChrisCo!

#10 Retired or Ring of Honour?   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although Bure (arguably one of the best Canucks players of all time), his number should not be honored by the Canucks organization.

That would be a huge insult to Bure and his family to only honour him after he gets recognized be HHOF. It was a mistake by the Canucks organization not to raise his number to the rafters before his induction to the HHOF.

It's like, "oh hey you want to recognize me as part of your organization now just cause i got in the HHOF despite hating on me all these years for what i've done?"

You could make the same argument for Patrick Roy, however. Roy was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2006, but did not have his jersey retired by the Montreal Canadiens until 2008. He also left on bad terms with that franchise.

Nearly everybody in Montreal is glad now that Roy's number has been retired. Hopefully, Bure's number can be retired soon. His induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame only gives more reason for the Canucks to pay tribute to his contribution to this franchise.

Should be in the ROH but he won't be. And I don't think #10 should be retired.

Pavel Bure will always be remembered as a Canuck but I just don't think the team is interested in any sort of association with him at all. Minutes after the HHOF inductions were announced, the Florida Panthers send out a series of congratulatory tweets to Pavel:

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers

No comment yet from the Canucks

Reitred, without him our Franchise could have potentially folded.

Pat Quinn just made a great point on the team 1040, and he was talking about how our team coming out of the late 80's were really struggling/both on the ice and as a franchise, only drawing 7'000 people on average.

That young group of Linden, McLean, Adams and others really pulled this franchise from the brink and Bure was the biggest piece of them all, he gave us that big star and put us on the map.

It's possible that our franchise wouldn't be where it is without him, we could have turned out to be like Winnipeg and ended up losing our team halfway through the 90's without Pavel.

His Number should be up in the rafters.

Archived