The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Classless Vancouver Organization Today......disgusting

vancouverdepression

Canucks lack of mention to Bure HOF nod  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First off there is really no evidence that suggest that 94 thing is true, Pat Quinn himself denied it.

And OMG! He requested a trade! He's the only person who has ever done that.

I know it's your opinion but my post is really just playing up to the sterotypes that your talking about.

This is long overdue and a well deserved honour.

Meh.....well deserved nominated to the Hall of Fame but he never exactly showed alot of love for the team or made attempts to maintain ties with the organization after he stopped playing (as his right).

He might have valid reasons for such feelings (re: Quinn screwing him over) but it seems this "grudge thing" is/was a two-way street.

People confuse what it means to have a team retire their number. It's more than just what they did on the ice - but off the ice as well (community work, etc.,). Bure, as great as he was, was lacking in the "off ice stuff". Again, understandable given his age, new country, etc.,

Big frickin' deal. Gillis has bigger fish to fry than dealing with acknowledging something on a website at the moment. Considering that a goalie that won't sign until the other goalie gets traded, a disgruntled goalie that wants out of here, holes on the second line with Kes injured and a need for a #1 defenceman. I'd say those needs trump patting Bure on the back, especially when he wanted out of here and decided to not play. I don't give a rats behind if he's in the HHOF. And yes, I've been to GM Place to games when Bure was wearing a Canuck uniform. Yeah, he had a few nice breakaways and breathtaking skills, but I saw him cough up the puck quite often too. Especially when Mogilny and Bure were playing "dipsy doodle" between the two of them and then seeing a Hartford player steal the puck away from them. He was a great player, but he was not the "savior" of the Canucks like some people here are making him out to be.

I loved watching Bure play...

but...

he demanded a trade out of town, threatened not to play in the 94 run unless his contract was renegotiated... I am not a fan anymore.

On pure hockey he deserves to be honoured in the hall... but I don't think he deserves his jersey retired in Vancouver.

I loved watching Bure play...

but...

he demanded a trade out of town, threatened not to play in the 94 run unless his contract was renegotiated... I am not a fan anymore.

On pure hockey he deserves to be honoured in the hall... but I don't think he deserves his jersey retired in Vancouver.

This guy is a bit exagerating not big deal. But still is kind of a joke took the Canucks this long to make a mention of Bure on their site, and the Florida site had it up quick and made some tweets about Bure.

Archived