The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Cup Chances 2012/13

Line Juggler

Are you an Ultra Optimist? The Canucks Cup is a Stanley.

OR

Are you an Optimist? The Canucks Cup is half full.

OR

Are you a Pessimist? The Canucks Cup is half empty.

OR

Are you an Ultra Pessimist? There's no Cup for Canucks to piss in.

OR

Are you bored out of your mind and can't wait for Canucks to make a blockbuster trade, sign a big name free agent and for next season to actually start?

half full; now they just need to top it off and surround those core players with enough skill, size and most importantly heart/ grit players to get them over the top. They've got too much of a record and tradition of winning to pull stuff like "Fail for Nail" to stockpile quality picks but they're not good enough as a team (lacking some pieces) to win that elusive Cup. I'm trending towards agreeing with some other CDC posters that an aggressive but CALCULATED move needs to be made to get them over the brink, and getting guys like Kassian is a questionable move at best (surprised me as much as anyone else on the deadline). I think ready-made buy-low pieces like Booth are the way to go and with the right combo (with Mueller/ Voracek <-- not buy low/ Garrison) I think the team's needs can be fulfilled and by THEN can their Cup chances be up to the brim. Trust MG, he knows what he's doing.

Optimist/Realist

The team has many key pieces set in place. Just need too add a few pieces and I really like our chances.

Booth will be better, I wouldn't be surprised if Kassian has a good training camp, Kesler should return to form and so on.

just need to add: a top 4 D-man, a top 6 Forward, fix up the bottom 6, then add some depth players both at forward and defense and I will really like our chances.

I think Schneider gives us a better chance at a cup, this core is aging and injuries are starting to wear on the team now, Sedins had a very down year and hit huge scoring droughts, Kesler had injury filled season and missed the offseason to train and training camp and will again this year, we still lack a #1 D man so Canucks are a major risk but have most of the pieces to win it all. Canucks will be in the playoffs but another 1st round exit wouldn't surprise me, if the Canucks win the cup wouldn't shock me as we have solid players and depth. Canucks are in a weird spot, imo.

I think Schneider gives us a better chance at a cup, this core is aging and injuries are starting to wear on the team now, Sedins had a very down year and hit huge scoring droughts, Kesler had injury filled season and missed the offseason to train and training camp and will again this year, we still lack a #1 D man so Canucks are a major risk but have most of the pieces to win it all. Canucks will be in the playoffs but another 1st round exit wouldn't surprise me, if the Canucks win the cup wouldn't shock me as we have solid players and depth. Canucks are in a weird spot, imo.

Archived