The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Cup Chances 2012/13

Line Juggler

Yes Canuck Surfer, born & bred in Victoria, Australia but a serious hockey junkie since 2000 when I saw game 5 of SCF in New Jersey (frightening experience!).

No doubt we missed Ehrhoff but where do you draw the line at re-signing him? The contract he got in Buffalo was insane & I don't blame Gillis for refusing to offer such a deal if that's what it was going to take to get him to stay. The mistake Gillis made was not replacing him & hoping Ballard could eat some top 4 minutes & banking on offense from Salo, Edler & Bieksa. Your point re Edler is well made but I cannot accept all his brain farts come down to the D zone partner. The LA fore check was outstanding & I partially blame AV for not devising a neutralizing plan. To give up the power play opportunities we did, including those 5 on 3's for something as simple as puck over the glass is just panic, lack of self belief & a poor defensive system. A system that I believe let Luongo down. For whatever reason, the team played better in front of Schneider. I firmly believe we should've win game 3 in LA. It's a different series if we do.

Some size on the first line would be ideal. Watch some space open up for Daniel & Henrik if we get it. Doan would be ideal but is still a dream at this point. I have a feeling hell stay in Phoenix. Burrows would be sick on the second line & all of a sudden the forwards have real depth if we can get a Doan type player. The X factor has to be Kassian. If he lives up to his potential, look out!

A solid centre is needed to cover Kes in early parts of the season & perhaps take over the third line duties if Manny continues his struggles. What a shame Manny got hurt when he did. I can't help but think his loss, along with Hamhuis contributed to the SCF loss to Boston.

AV needs to either play Ballard or we need to ship him out. I think he's a decent player but AV for whatever reason doesn't want to play him. Try get something back for him.

To me, the key positions are a genuine big top 6 forward & a decent C. Then look at a puck moving D man at the deadline.

The main concern is the offence in the playoffs, seems to be fine in the regular season, but yes the playoffs is a whole different story. They wont win a Stanley Cup unless they fix the struggles up front

Yes Canuck Surfer, born & bred in Victoria, Australia but a serious hockey junkie since 2000 when I saw game 5 of SCF in New Jersey (frightening experience!).

No doubt we missed Ehrhoff but where do you draw the line at re-signing him? The contract he got in Buffalo was insane & I don't blame Gillis for refusing to offer such a deal if that's what it was going to take to get him to stay. The mistake Gillis made was not replacing him & hoping Ballard could eat some top 4 minutes & banking on offense from Salo, Edler & Bieksa. Your point re Edler is well made but I cannot accept all his brain farts come down to the D zone partner. The LA fore check was outstanding & I partially blame AV for not devising a neutralizing plan. To give up the power play opportunities we did, including those 5 on 3's for something as simple as puck over the glass is just panic, lack of self belief & a poor defensive system. A system that I believe let Luongo down. For whatever reason, the team played better in front of Schneider. I firmly believe we should've win game 3 in LA. It's a different series if we do.

Some size on the first line would be ideal. Watch some space open up for Daniel & Henrik if we get it. Doan would be ideal but is still a dream at this point. I have a feeling hell stay in Phoenix. Burrows would be sick on the second line & all of a sudden the forwards have real depth if we can get a Doan type player. The X factor has to be Kassian. If he lives up to his potential, look out!

A solid centre is needed to cover Kes in early parts of the season & perhaps take over the third line duties if Manny continues his struggles. What a shame Manny got hurt when he did. I can't help but think his loss, along with Hamhuis contributed to the SCF loss to Boston.

AV needs to either play Ballard or we need to ship him out. I think he's a decent player but AV for whatever reason doesn't want to play him. Try get something back for him.

To me, the key positions are a genuine big top 6 forward & a decent C. Then look at a puck moving D man at the deadline.

"The common theme; every team found parts of our line up that were too small!"

YES, YES, YES!

You can see it, I can see it, most people on here can see it and like me have seen it for 2 seasons now.

The trouble is ................MG sees it in glimpses and then seems to lose focus. i.e. when he tried Nolan but he fell through.........but he didn't follow it up. Instead he goes for an injury prone dud like Bitz who had no history of production.

Now we seem to be courting Doan and or Arnott. But if they fall through what next, will he just forget it again?

Same thing in defence. I welcome Garrison but I look at his history and I don't see "pushback" He is not huge but he might have been big enough if he had a Letang or Subban side to his game. We have pushback but it is built into players (Bieksa, Ballard) who can't stand up to the heavyweights and unfortunately the likes of Hamhuis, Tanev and Edler seem to have no temper at all.............How does that make Ballard and Bieksa feel I wonder.

Archived