The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Cup Chances 2012/13

Line Juggler

Depends on many factors. Defense need to step it up. Forwards need to score goals. We need a new Face on the second line to help Booth and Kes. And new face on D as well to help tighten them up. With these factors, yes we can win a cup.

I am in the camp that thinks goal tending has not been our issue. Whoever is in net next season, can't/shouldn't be expected to carry the team.

Optimist/Realist

The team has many key pieces set in place. Just need too add a few pieces and I really like our chances.

Booth will be better, I wouldn't be surprised if Kassian has a good training camp, Kesler should return to form and so on.

just need to add: a top 4 D-man, a top 6 Forward, fix up the bottom 6, then add some depth players both at forward and defense and I will really like our chances.

So we only need to add a few pieces? Top D-men, at least two to three forwards, add some more for depth and defense and we'll be alright? So we're only 60% ready?

I think we're closer, I'd say 80-90 ready. We need D-men, and some top six guys unless Raymond's back or great bottom guys who can chip in with more offense.

Well not big pieces, the only big pieces we need to Add are a top 6 foward and a top 4 defensemen, the rest are depth positions that can be filled by players we have.

We will get some of these from a Lu deal but we are higher than 60%, but I will say that we won't win the cup unless our bottom 6 is good enough to make contributions, both the 3rd and 4th lines.

Even if we don't add any players we still have a good team that could have a long run again. With additions such as a top 6 forward and top 4 D, the chances increase. Lets just hope Gillis makes his best moves yet this off-season -> and he's already made some good ones since taking over ;)

Archived