The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bure best Canuck ever?

cmpunk

I know we have had this discussion here a thousand times, of who is the greatest Canuck ever.

But now with Bure being offically into the Hockey Hall of Fame in a class that includes Joe Sakic, who is no doubt one of the best ever to play the game, does this make Bure offically the greatest Canuck ever?

I know this is never ending debate as we have had some great players, but Bure is going to be the first ever legit Canuck into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Linden, Smyl, Naslund have been great Canucks and have done so much for this city and team, but they may not ever be hall of famers. Looking at pure hockey stats and just playing the game, Bure now should be considered the greatest Canuck "hockey player" we have ever had.

He was an impact player, scoring machine, and as fast and skilfull as they come.

What do you guys think?

Truth. Best embodiement of what it means to be a Canuck, well that goes to Trevor Linden, hands down (and that's not meant to be a knock against Bure, I'm not one of those 'but he refused to play in the SCF conspiracy theorists).

Pavel Bure found his way to the Hall of Fame. Trevor Linden never will, no disrespect to Linden intended.

Hands down the best there was when it came to skill and talent...and he had that nastiness that allowed him to take care of his own bizniz (remembering Shane Churla). Also the one of the most electrifying player to lace on a pair of skates (remembering his end to end rush against the Winnipeg Jets in his first game).

Happy that he finally got inducted into the HOF...does anyone know which team he's going to enter the hall with? Or this just a MLB/NFL thing? I can't remember if same applies for NHL HOF inductees...insights would be appreciated.

Linden should be in the Hall of Fame just for all his charity work, and what he has done for the team and the city. And honestly for being one of the most respected hockey players in the league from other players. I don't think their is a person that can say something bad about him, seriously.

Just reiterating whats been said already....It really depends on how you define "best". One of the most exciting for sure, but in terms of a combination of loyalty, heart, skill, and determination many would disagree.

Archived