The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bure best Canuck ever?

cmpunk

Frankly i am so sick of people talking about his "community" involvement. First of all he came here with a cold welcoming from the management, so what is up with that?

Second, he was english as a second language and that is not the easiest cultural thing to over come.

Third, Keenen did not treat him well, and didn't know how to coach that kind of skill.

I am just so sick of the booo hooo hoooers about his "community involvement" since when do any of you know about community involvement? are you volunteering at the soup kitchens? are you helping to fight homelessness in vancouver? really give me a break. Bure never hurt anyone, he wasn't a mean player... why so strong about his "community involvement? He's an athlete, he's not supposed to be the dalai lama.

Flame away.

By a country mile, Pavel Bure is the BEST player all time

He had some attitude issues and didn't do as well in the leadership or community side like Naslund & Linden

Bure best player of all time

Naslund, Linden & maybe the Sedins = best people wearing the Canucks uniform of all time

People paid money just to see him. I can think of exactly zero other Canucks you could say that about. If his knees didn't go south (Starting with the real reason I hate the Blackhawks, Steve Smith's cheapshot knee hit in the mid-90's) he would have Teemu Selanne numbers.

The guy just made the HOF and Brendan Shannahan did not. There have been other ex-Canucks who have made it (Cam Neely and Igor Larionov for example) but Pavel is the first guy truly associated with the Canucks to make the Hall (to the best of my knowledge)

He had some attitude issues and didn't do as well in the leadership or community side like Naslund & Linden

Naslund, Linden & maybe the Sedins = best people wearing the Canucks uniform of all time

Bure is the most exciting, most offensive, and the biggest "superstar" we've ever had... If you take into account all of the aspects of the game and come up with some kind of overall power ranking, I'd have to say there are other players who could give him a run for the money...

But he definitely is my favorite..

Ahhhh the good ole days :) Most explosive agile player ever ! All that crap about his attitude is garbage. He was a man apart that had to protect himself every night from scum like Churla, Mcsorley and who could forget that basurd Steve Smith. He needed to have that chip or he would have been eaten up by all the goons trying to take him out. Pavel Bure's speed and agility made great players look average.

This guy turned the entire franchise around solely as a result of his skill. Let's also not forget his international success (Olympics). This guy is absolutely the most exciting and skilled player ever to wear a Canucks uni.

When Sedins retire, I am very confident they will eventually be in the HHOF. They changed the game continent-wide. They made the cycle, and that is huge. Then there is all their twin stuff and back to back trophy stuff blah blah.

Archived