Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Pat Quinn TEAM 1040 Interview: "If the Canucks are wise at all," they should retire Pavel Bure's number.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#91 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

What's your point?

I already mentioned that Linden and Bure never got along. In fact, the only time they saw eye-to-eye was when Keenan took over.

Where was Bure when Linden had his jerseys retired?
Where was Bure's congratulations?

I don't recall Pavel being anywhere near Vancouver for the Big Canuck Anniversary celebrations,either.

The point is that Pavel alleges the false story of his holding out during the playoffs emanated from within.

Gillis states the .org extended an invitation to honor Pavel and Pavel rejected it.

Problem is,if you are sticking the franchise's best ever player in the RoH and the guys hanging in the rafters could not hold your jockstrap then there is no point in showing up to only be humiliated.

Now the .org look pretty sad as it is the majority of the fans that wish to honor him,but the suits saw their rules of entitlement as taking precedence over what the majority of fans want.

#92 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

Nothing we can do if he doesn't want to be honoured by the organization

I just read that he declined because he feels he's too young for that kind of honor.
Posted Image

#93 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

Uploaded moments ago with a bit of remastering:

This is the Game 7 double overtime goal that advanced the Canucks to the second round of the 1994 postseason and began their remarkable journey to the Stanley Cup Finals. It is arguably the greatest goal in Vancouver Canucks history.

Many have seen the goal, but I've included legendary Canucks broadcaster Jim Robson's call from that evening.

Of note, I love how Zarley Zalapski tries to hook him twice, then loses balance and falls flat on his rear. There was no way anybody was going to knock Pavel off balance.

Edited by WeatherWise, 30 June 2012 - 05:22 AM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#94 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

The goal was great, the save was better and Larscheid is an idiot.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.