39 replies to this topic

#31 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

You can usually download it again from your account (not sure if it's through Steam), and you can access the game via your account so nothing would be lost.

Thanks. I would imagine I'd want to get into some sort of cloud computing so the copy doesn't take up too much space on my laptop.

Then again would it be too difficult to access for a game?
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#32 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

I always played random. Learning how to play each race well helps a lot with learning how to counter each race well. But I still like Toss best. Dunno why, I just do.

Toss feels natural to me in SC2, but back in SC1 I disliked them outside of team play.

I'm probably going to go get spanked in my 5 placement matches tomorrow (which will be a good thing). I just hope I do not get too discouraged by my poor play and end up quitting to go back to Counter-Strike.

#33 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Toss feels natural to me in SC2, but back in SC1 I disliked them outside of team play.

I'm probably going to go get spanked in my 5 placement matches tomorrow (which will be a good thing). I just hope I do not get too discouraged by my poor play and end up quitting to go back to Counter-Strike.

Doing challenges in the single player menu helps you learn quick. I got my terran timing from one of the challenges that asks you to get a certain number of rines, rauders, ghosts and tanks in a limited amount of time. I mimiced that and was able to slay. I converted to Toss a couple months ago, same thing learned my timing and strength of units through the challenges, especially countering a zergling rush. Anyways it's always an idea.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#34 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Doing challenges in the single player menu helps you learn quick. I got my terran timing from one of the challenges that asks you to get a certain number of rines, rauders, ghosts and tanks in a limited amount of time. I mimiced that and was able to slay. I converted to Toss a couple months ago, same thing learned my timing and strength of units through the challenges, especially countering a zergling rush. Anyways it's always an idea.

Who the hell rushes protoss with zerglings?
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#35 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

I just watched a replay of myself against the AI and my APM is horrid. Although I do not think it matters much as I'm remembering my timers for the most part.

I still haven't gotten around to playing in my 5 placement matches (I'm too damn nervous :blush:).

#36 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,056 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

I just watched a replay of myself against the AI and my APM is horrid. Although I do not think it matters much as I'm remembering my timers for the most part.

I still haven't gotten around to playing in my 5 placement matches (I'm too damn nervous :blush:).

Don't worry about winning all your placement matches. Just do your best and work on builds and timings. You can always climb the ladder and strengthen your game play later on.

And check out LAGTV on YouTube.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#37 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

Do what I did. I joined my 5 placement matches and quit them all within the first minute. Of course I ended up getting ranked really low in bronze league. I beat up on the noobs there and eventually made it to the top of bronze while learning the ins and outs of the game. I get promoted to silver and get owned there so now I'm demoted back to bronze where I can actually win some matches.
Posted Image

#38 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Do what I did. I joined my 5 placement matches and quit them all within the first minute. Of course I ended up getting ranked really low in bronze league. I beat up on the noobs there and eventually made it to the top of bronze while learning the ins and outs of the game. I get promoted to silver and get owned there so now I'm demoted back to bronze where I can actually win some matches.

I've been gaming long enough to accept my beatings. Said beatings will most likely be occuring within the hour (the poor Protoss I'll control).

Edit: Currently 3-0 which makes me uneasy. I'll probably get stomped in my next 2.

Edit #2: Finished 4-1 and was placed in Platinum. (yikes)

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 10 July 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#39 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Who the hell rushes protoss with zerglings?

When Pro Zerg players always try a quick rush with their first 4-6-8 lings against all races on any short distance maps it starts to look like a legit strat.

Posted Image

#40 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA
IM DRUNK AS HELL
JUST GOT OME
DECIDED TO PLAY A GAME
IM ZERG
MET A TERRAN
I WENT LING BLING ON FOUR BASES, HE GOES ???? BASHIE ON TWO
IM SO DRUNK THAT I DONT REACT IN TIME AND CANT KILL OFF HIS ???? BNSHIES, HAD LIIKE SEVEN QUEENS,
GOD IM PISSED
HE SUCKED.
END OF STORY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.