The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

starcraft 2

Navyblue

Toss feels natural to me in SC2, but back in SC1 I disliked them outside of team play.

I'm probably going to go get spanked in my 5 placement matches tomorrow (which will be a good thing). I just hope I do not get too discouraged by my poor play and end up quitting to go back to Counter-Strike.

Doing challenges in the single player menu helps you learn quick. I got my terran timing from one of the challenges that asks you to get a certain number of rines, rauders, ghosts and tanks in a limited amount of time. I mimiced that and was able to slay. I converted to Toss a couple months ago, same thing learned my timing and strength of units through the challenges, especially countering a zergling rush. Anyways it's always an idea.

I just watched a replay of myself against the AI and my APM is horrid. Although I do not think it matters much as I'm remembering my timers for the most part.

I still haven't gotten around to playing in my 5 placement matches (I'm too damn nervous :blush:).

Don't worry about winning all your placement matches. Just do your best and work on builds and timings. You can always climb the ladder and strengthen your game play later on.

And check out LAGTV on YouTube.

Do what I did. I joined my 5 placement matches and quit them all within the first minute. Of course I ended up getting ranked really low in bronze league. I beat up on the noobs there and eventually made it to the top of bronze while learning the ins and outs of the game. I get promoted to silver and get owned there so now I'm demoted back to bronze where I can actually win some matches.

• 1 month later...

Archived